Chattooga river trail / Dicks creek falls

Hello all, I'm going to be camping on the mighty chattooga river next month. I'm pretty familiar with the river on sections 1, 2 and the first three miles of 3. I was originally planning on camping at a spot around the half way mark on section 2 that I've camped before. But this will leave me a lot of river to do Sunday. So as an alternate I was thinking on camping Dicks creek falls. Has anyone camped there ? The spot in question is about 100 yards or so up river of the Dicks creek falls rapid on the shelf that goes across the river proper. On the Georgia side I seem to remember a sandy beach area where I met some people a few years ago that hadn't boated in. From what I've read the trail starts on Sandy ford rd just before you get to the creek fording spot. And from there it is about 3 miles ? to dicks creek. Is there a way to reach that spot north of the rapid / waterfall from the main trail. I will be boating in but I have some friends that would prefer to hike in. Dicks creek camping.jpg

Hammock
    Freedom V1 from Yukon Outfitters
    Tarp
    DIY hex w doors
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I've hiked that section twice and really enjoy it. I wrote a trip guide after the last hike that includes some notes about camping near the spots you're asking about. Check it out here: http://www.misplacedpastor.com/chattooga-river-trail/

• + New Posts