Tarp
    Razor Hex SilPoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

Little Shop Of Hammocks

I have always had a hammock of some sort for over fifty years, would you believe I've never overnighted in a hammock "on purpose"... When I finally took my hammock out this year I decided to look around for more information on what was available today, man did I ever find it here.

I looked around at quite a few of the vendors listed hare and most of them being in the U.S. (I’m in Canada) had quite a few nice hammocks that fit my requirement and found the BB XLC that I was almost ready to pull the trigger. After looking at the exchange rates and other stuff I decided to look around and found “The Little Shop Of Hammocks” here in Canada so I gave it a shot. I contacted James and started inquiries about his Warrior Edge, my initial impressions were very good and with all the back and forth texting it got even better, James was more than happy to put up with all my newbie questions and inquiries, he made lots of good suggestions and was most helpful with some clarifications to some questions. After we settled on the hammock and some extras the final decision was made and trigger pulled, James kept me updated as he made the hammock and when finished he texted a couple pictures to make me drool , as he was packing it for shipment he texted me to let me know he realized he had the perfect “matching” tarp just sitting there, LOL after some information about the tarp well you guessed it, out comes the Visa again…. Now the entire package is in the mail, thanks James, it was a pleasure.

All that being said, would I recommend “The Little Shop Of Hammocks”, definitely YES.

Hammock
    Warrior ‘Edge’
    Tarp
    Razor Hex SilPoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    UPDATE...
    Well I finally got my rig working, thanks again to James at http://www.littleshopofhammocks.com/ , after putting up with me for a couple weeks getting my order out to me quickly I can now play outside. I haven't used it out in the wild yet but it works great in the back yard.
    The tripod support copied from some of the DIY threads posted on the forum, I came up with something I like and it even works great. I plan on getting out with in the near future after some family emergencies are hopefully over.

Warrior ‘Edge’ Hammock
    Razor Hex 11′ SilPoly Tarp with doors
    DIY Tripods
    Pictures:

Hammock
    11' Custom Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    LSOH Razor Hex
    Insulation
    LSOH Down Toaster
    Suspension
    Single Line Susp
    I'm glad your loving the gear. It's nice to see pics of them being used!

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Beautiful set up
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Elegant. I envy your winter tarp. What does it weigh?

Hammock
    Warrior ‘Edge’
    Tarp
    Razor Hex SilPoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    If my scale is correct I have 15.6 oz (442 gram)

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Very nice. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy54 View Post
    If my scale is correct I have 15.6 oz (442 gram)

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    LSOH Toasters
    Suspension
    ... evolving ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy54 View Post
    I have always had a hammock of some sort for over fifty years, would you believe I've never overnighted in a hammock "on purpose"... When I finally took my hammock out this year I decided to look around for more information on what was available today, man did I ever find it here.

I looked around at quite a few of the vendors listed hare and most of them being in the U.S. (I’m in Canada) had quite a few nice hammocks that fit my requirement and found the BB XLC that I was almost ready to pull the trigger. After looking at the exchange rates and other stuff I decided to look around and found “The Little Shop Of Hammocks” here in Canada so I gave it a shot. I contacted James and started inquiries about his Warrior Edge, my initial impressions were very good and with all the back and forth texting it got even better, James was more than happy to put up with all my newbie questions and inquiries, he made lots of good suggestions and was most helpful with some clarifications to some questions. After we settled on the hammock and some extras the final decision was made and trigger pulled, James kept me updated as he made the hammock and when finished he texted a couple pictures to make me drool , as he was packing it for shipment he texted me to let me know he realized he had the perfect “matching” tarp just sitting there, LOL after some information about the tarp well you guessed it, out comes the Visa again…. Now the entire package is in the mail, thanks James, it was a pleasure.

All that being said, would I recommend “The Little Shop Of Hammocks”, definitely YES.
    Glad to see your hammock stand worked out too, Speedy54. I went with the original design we were both looking at, photo below (with my nephew cooking supper at our annual Algonquin trip). Turned out great .. rock solid support for my 1/8 ton!

I also echo your strong recommendation for 'Firesong' @ Little Shop of Hammocks. I recently received my Zero Degree UQ from James. While it has simply been too warm to properly field - test it, I already know the workmanship is top shelf. James even added a few extra loops of shock cord to the quilt's perimetre to facilitate attaching snugly to my Hennessey Explorer Asym Zip. Great job Firesong! Canadians need look no further then Saskatoon for best quality hammocking gear & skip the exchange, etc.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Warrior ‘Edge’
    Tarp
    Razor Hex SilPoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Great looking rig Red Kanu, are those legs spliced, if so I would love to know what you did for the splice... I know it's lighter than mine but the top "L" brackets and shipping was my roadblock on that design but I may still give it a shot in the future.

Hammock
    Warrior ‘Edge’
    Tarp
    Razor Hex SilPoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Algonquin back country canoeing was a yearly trip many years ago with my brothers, we started in 1979 and yearly until 2000, then all the aches and pains took over so we now do the camping part at the back of my brothers farm just to keep up the tradition.
    I did a return canoe trip to Algonquin three years ago with some Geocaching friends, but still would love to get back to the park on a regular basis, now with this new equipment I may just do that...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast