Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ridgerunner underquilt or pad suggestions

I have had a Warbonnet ridgrunner hammock for almost a year now, I have only used it a few times because I usually take the Blackbird XLC along because I feel more dialed in with that setup at this point. I am looking to change that and get some more nights in the ridgerunner. I have tried both a pad and underquilt in the RR, my underquilt is a Enlightened Equipment synthetic full length 30* at the moment and it seems to work well. But for you more seasoned users of the RR what do you run for insulation? Curious what is working best with this style of hammock. Thanks

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    I would use the ambush from UGQ designed for the RR. There is the warbonnet lynx UQ for the RR option as well, but I like being able to pick colors/lighter fabrics etc. I use a 20* Phoenix on my diy bridge hammocks and it works just fine. If you're interested in a budget option, arrowhead has the climashield Ridgecreek UQ also.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Intimidator; 07-02-2016 at 07:49.
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    FWIW, I like using an inflatable pad in my Ridgerunner (double layer), because the pad makes the RR feel wider, and it raises me up slightly so I have a better view. I have a Sea2Summit insulated pad; the green one.

I use Warbonnet's Lynx full length underquilt as well; it fits perfectly, and I use it along with the pad when temps go down enough to warrant it. When using the underquilt alone, I felt too cramped, like in the bottom of a ditch. But that may just be me...

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    The Lynx fits the Ridgerunner like a glove. There is no need for any adjustments, it is just clip-n-go. I've never felt the lack of color options was an issue, because everything matches from their site, and we're in the woods so I don't want a yellow hammock with a purple underquilt anyway. IMO, the Lynx is the obvious choice. If you buy a Ferrari, don't put Porche tires on it.

I used the RR with an exped downlite7. Ill say season matters a good deal. My pad is preferred in the warmer months for reasons someone mentioned above, spreads oit your sleeping surface. More remaniscent of my traditional sleep situation which i prefer.

However, pads are difficult in it in the winter. Definitely cant use vertical baffled pad amd simce the pad sleeve end is open and on the outside of the hammock, which it has to be, draft was a serious problem for me under 30 with a pad ive taken to single digits.

Im about easy and multifunction above all else.. but easy reigns king in how i select my hear and Ive heard nothing but fantastic things about that lynx quilt. If it were me id go quilt this time.

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAndMyBeans View Post
    and we're in the woods so I don't want a yellow hammock with a purple underquilt anyway. IMO, the Lynx is the obvious choice.
    I agree , but if this were the case, I don't think dream hammock, ugq, Hg would be in the place they are today. I think MOST people like to pick their own color schemes/customize etc. We are all different. That being said, yes the lynx fits perfectly etc. I always prefer uq over a pad x3000000.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    The Lynx fits the Ridgerunner like a glove. There is no need for any adjustments, it is just clip-n-go. I've never felt the lack of color options was an issue, because everything matches from their site, and we're in the woods so I don't want a yellow hammock with a purple underquilt anyway. IMO, the Lynx is the obvious choice. If you buy a Ferrari, don't put Porche tires on it.
    I couldn't have said it better. It take 15 seconds to clip the for mini carabiners in place and you are done. No adjustments what so ever. I've got the 3 season and have only slept in 45° and up. Never once have I got cold. I'm saving now for the winter version.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
    I agree , but if this were the case, I don't think dream hammock, ugq, Hg would be in the place they are today. I think MOST people like to pick their own color schemes/customize etc. We are all different. That being said, yes the lynx fits perfectly etc. I always prefer uq over a pad x3000000.
    Sure, my gf has a bright orange Incubator and yellow hammock. People pick what they like. (Even if I told her 10,000 times that orange and yellow don't match...sigh) I was just stating that my preferences match what Warbonnet puts out.

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Sure, my gf has a bright orange Incubator and yellow hammock. People pick what they like. (Even if I told her 10,000 times that orange and yellow don't match...sigh) I was just stating that my preferences match what Warbonnet puts out.
    Lol definitely. My gf wants a Robin's egg blue tarp I think hahahhaha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

I got the Underground Quilts Ambush 20f.I like how it has built-in bungee cord at the foot end for adjustment. When it's warm, you can loosen and have some ventilation. When it's cold, I can loosen and insert my Jacks r better Shenandoah summer quilt, creating super additional loft for below 0* warmth. I like a modular system.

Hike your own hike.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast