Hello all New to group

Hi I found this group when I was searching around for info on making a hammock into your nightly sleeper at home.

We have an AWFUL bed right now that isn't to old and we just can't fork out another chunk of money for another right now and I ran across a site that someone talked about sleeping in a hammock at home instead of a bed so I was hoping to get some input from you guys on this.

I'd like to hear some pros and cons to it since we have only slept in a hammock on occasions when camping and they were just cheapy ones but were still pretty nice.

So we thought if we bought a nice one like a Brazillan it'd even be better.
    We would be choosing the Brazillan as I have read really good things about it and we have cats that like to sleep with us.

Anyway would love you hear what you all have to say before taking the plunge and doing this.
    Thank you so very much
    Look forward to hearing what you all have to say.
    ratroo

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Welcome ratroo! Lots of the folks here sleep every night in a hammock, weather on the trail or at home. We have had quite a few talks about home sleeping hammocks in the past few months. But Brazilians, Mexican, Mayan style hammocks seem to be very popular with those that use them every night for home rigs. I hope to eventually persuade my wife into switching over. There are several couples that are members here that share a large hammock for home sleep as well, maybe one of them can chime in and point you towards specific hammock models they like.

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Welcome!

My 11 yr old daughter tossed out her bed and has been sleeping in a DIY hammock for a couple of months now. She's very happy with it!

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    I don't use one at home, but I think I'm right in remembering that the bedroom hammockers prefer Brazilians for all-night sleeping, even though Mayans are really comfortable for a nap. I could be wrong...
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Welcome to Hammock Forums!!

• + New Posts