Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images

Slugs

My buddy and I were really thinking about getting some slugs. I like the idea of keeping the quilts all in one with the UQP. Any headaches with those, or good reviews?
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Images
    Try the cheap loofah trick, see how you get on. They are a bit delicate, but for a few pennies you can try it and see.
    I quite like it.

--
    Gadget.

I like mine. I have mesh so it compresses nicely. I use my hammock as a stuff sack for sleeping clothes and my top quilt, then pack it into a slug. Simplifies the system greatly.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I use pantyhose, the full bottom kind. Just sew two seems from the waist to the crouch then cut in between the seems. They are much tuffer then loofas and streach enough to be used as just a hammock skin or a slug to hold TQ,UQ.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    dyi
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Varies
    Egad, when I read the heading I thought, What is this? SLUGS? On Hammock Forums? ICK... Then I read the posting---Lazy Slug, well that solved the mystery of why the discussion about Slugs. I do own a set of Lazy Slugs, I mainly use them when we are car camping and it is wet. Very nice quality, solidly built and I am glad I own them. I like the slugs better than the snake skins from Hennessy, the slugs are very roomy no being careful how I load them. My slugs see a lot more use than the snake skins. As usual just a matter of personal taste.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Panty hoses and lofahs. Cool I'll have to YouTube that. For those that have LAZY SLUGS. Do they hold both quilts? And do you stuff the slug into something or just load it that way?
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I wonder how prevalent compression sack use in conjunction with the Lazy Slug is amongst those of us who own them.I intend to use a compression sack with mine first time out to see how I like it.Do many of you just take the slug and stuff it in your pack loose or do you compact it?Just curious.

Images
    Slug goes in stuffsack/peak bag not compression sack. Don't like compression sacks, soft things pack more efficiently than hard lumps.

--
    Gadget.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I put mine in a dry bag in the winter and just stuff it it the sleeping bag compartment of my backpack when it's dry out.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Quote Originally Posted by Benson Burner View Post
    Panty hoses and lofahs. Cool I'll have to YouTube that. For those that have LAZY SLUGS. Do they hold both quilts? And do you stuff the slug into something or just load it that way?
    I was able to get a 3/4 size 20 degree down UQ and 20 degree down TQ with my integrated bug net hammock as well as sleeping clothes into mine no sweat. I would then just pack it using the "cloud" method. Stuff into the bottom of the pack inside a elephant trunked trash compactor bag. Put other things on it to compact.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast