Dutchware Half-wit
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30
    Suspension
    Whoopies, straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tstark View Post
    How much overstuff did you go with to get you down to a 30deg?
    2 Oz, plus I had it sewn as a 30 quilt, as suggested by HG

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome (HyperD)
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy!

Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG under+top quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just got a top and under quilt from them, and I have to admit that I slept in bed with the top quilt (even though it was *much* too warm) the night after I got them. It was just too nice to resist. All the stuff I ordered is extremely well-made, with a bunch of little extra touches everywhere. This kind of attention to detail and pride in craftsmanship are (IMO) the reason to spend a bit extra on the "cottage" vendors listed on this forum. I've ordered stuff from three of them now, and it's all top-notch lovely stuff. I'm just getting back into hammocking and backpacking, and I'm so glad I found this forum with all you lovely folks and the vendors listed here before getting my gear.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PingHansen View Post
    2 Oz, plus I had it sewn as a 30 quilt, as suggested by HG
    to add to this, if you ask for a 40 degree quilt with 2oz overstuff, the tag on the quilt will say it's a 40 degree quilt. you have to ask them to customize the quilt for the 2oz overstuff, then your quilt will have a tag that says it's a custom build, in this case "30 custom."

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-wit
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30
    Suspension
    Whoopies, straps
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    in this case "30 custom."
    Yep, that's what I got.

I asked HG if 2 Oz overstuff would convert a 40*F quilt to a 30*F quilt. The answer I got was yes, and a suggestion that I request to have it built as a 30*F quilt when ordering.
    What works for me, may not work for you - and vice versa

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    Hey, Danmark! My Dad is a Dane and that makes me half Dane.

Where do you go walking and hanging in Danmark? Where are you allowed to make camp?
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. Marrianne Williamson Let your light shine!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-wit
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30
    Suspension
    Whoopies, straps
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkerik View Post
    Where do you go walking and hanging in Danmark? Where are you allowed to make camp?
    There are a lot of minor trails throughout the country, with camping sites/shelters along the route. Also the coast, by law, has to be accessible for all, and we have a rather long coast line.

Apart from being able to hang from my own trees (I live on a small farm) or just finding a nice spot along the coast to hang, trails like "Hærvejen", "Naturstien Horsens-Silkeborg", "Pramdragerstien" and "Lodsstien", plus quite a few more, like parts of "Nordsøstien" are all fairly close to where I live. "Kyst til kyst stien", and "Gendarmstien" are a bit further away, and if I want to try something different, there's "Klosterruten", "Sydhavsruten" and plenty of scenic Bicycle routes.

Our neighboring countries, Germany, Sweden and Norway all offer plenty of further possibilities.

I need not get bored

If the trees along the dedicated camping sites allow it, then I hang there, the alternative being the small forests (all over the place), where hanging has recently become allowed in quite a few of them.
    What works for me, may not work for you - and vice versa

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    Wow is right! I just got my 20* Phoenix with 2oz of over stuffing!! This will be my summer Sierras UQ... I was looking for something that would pack up a little smaller but yet give me warm on those cold nights in high-altitude.

Can't wait to try it out!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PingHansen View Post
    There are a lot of minor trails throughout the country, with camping sites/shelters along the route. Also the coast, by law, has to be accessible for all, and we have a rather long coast line.

Apart from being able to hang from my own trees (I live on a small farm) or just finding a nice spot along the coast to hang, trails like "Hærvejen", "Naturstien Horsens-Silkeborg", "Pramdragerstien" and "Lodsstien", plus quite a few more, like parts of "Nordsøstien" are all fairly close to where I live. "Kyst til kyst stien", and "Gendarmstien" are a bit further away, and if I want to try something different, there's "Klosterruten", "Sydhavsruten" and plenty of scenic Bicycle routes.

Our neighboring countries, Germany, Sweden and Norway all offer plenty of further possibilities.

I need not get bored

If the trees along the dedicated camping sites allow it, then I hang there, the alternative being the small forests (all over the place), where hanging has recently become allowed in quite a few of them.
    Hey, that's good to know Ping! I will have to get back over to the old country some day and do some more exploring. Danmark is very smart with the bicycle paths and public transportation. You can just about get anywhere without a motorcar! Danmark is a wonderful country!
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. Marrianne Williamson Let your light shine!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch system
    I'm sure you will be very happy with you quilt. Hammock Gear makes some great quality equipment. I have a 40 phoenix, 20 incubator and burrow and a 0 burrow. I love all of them. My girlfriend liked mine so much that she bought a 20 burrow. Next up will probably be a couple more incubators. Then we will be ready for just about anything. I'm also looking forward to trying out my HG pillow this weekend.
    I guess you could say I like HG. Lol

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast