Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Simple Light Designs, Simply Amazing

I've been researching and saving my pennies for the next step in our hammock adventure. We have 4 o 5 hammocks to date, most are simply lazy Sunday after places to be. Now we "think" we're ready to take the all night plunge. Our trip was leaving next week and it looks like I'm not taking an new hang with us which I had hoped. I just couldn't decide then I found Simply Light Designs and the Trail Lair hammock. The clock was ticking and the more I read and found about both the company and the product the more intrigued I got. I was July 4 about 5:30 pm when I sent off the company an email with some questions about the product. Gee, in less time than it took for our fireworks to be rained out Jared responded with the exact info I needed. As soon as the booms went away i put in my order, which was a Trail Lair, double layer, 11', 4 tie outs, pad opening, ridge line and a set of small tree slaps and a whoopee sling. An amazing 3 days later guess what was in my mailbox. Yep my TL had been delivered and I was off to set it up.

Set up was a total breeze. I remember snuff in a YT video talking about toggles and "you put the whoopee on the knot, not on the toggle, so that's what I did. It was amazing. Unzipping the bug net I first took a seat and found it to be very easy to sit and not feel you were falling or having a leg cut open, it was just a natural sit. Then sliding back i was without adjustment, in a near flat position from he very start. This is my most comfortable hammock yet.

The craftsman ship was superb, stitching excellent, not a blemish anywhere I could find. Just a beautiful product that works like a charm. Our first test will be up Music Pass near Westcliffe, Co for 4 days next colorado. I have no doubt she'll perform beautifully. Thank you Jared for knowing your product and giving your customers the best possible service. Now lets go hanging...

Papa

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Jared can be unbelievable fast that's for sure
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Bledbetter View Post
    ...The craftsman ship was superb, stitching excellent, not a blemish anywhere I could find. Just a beautiful product that works like a charm. Our first test will be up Music Pass near Westcliffe, Co for 4 days next colorado. I have no doubt she'll perform beautifully. Thank you Jared for knowing your product and giving your customers the best possible service. Now lets go hanging...
    These are precisely the reasons why I will remain a SLD customer for a long time to come. I own a very similar Trail Lair, which I love, that was customized and delivered to me with the same kind of unbelievable speed. The attention to detail of Jared's designs is wonderful and much appreciated.

Enjoy your new hammock, and enjoy your trip.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've only placed a small order with Jared (food hanging bag and tree straps), but he is remarkably fast, priced fair and does great work. I've said it quite a few times, but Jared ROCKS! Enjoy your Trail Lair! It'll be my next hammock as well, but I need some other gear first so my Eno will have to get me by for a while longer.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 1.1 Dual Layer
    Tarp
    3F UL Gear
    Insulation
    Gemini System
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I LOVE my Trail Lair. It is configured the same as yours, it sounds. Jared is awesome! You are going to love that thing! Congratulations.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    We're pretty sure Jared has cyborg implants and doesn't sleep.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex 11ft
    Insulation
    EE 30 deg 950 down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    I have been very pleased with the quality of both hammocks I purchased from SLD. The difference in shipping time compared to other manufacturers is amazing. I have a friend who wanted a hammock quick for a trip 5 days later. He had it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    We're pretty sure Jared has cyborg implants and doesn't sleep.
    Best comment to date . I've been doing business with him since he just started out and I'm still amazed how fast he can turn things around. And, he's always up for the challenge of creating something that's not a part of his regular offerings.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Another happen SLD customer. If you think he's fast with the Hammocks try his tarps. I ordered it one day and it arrived the day before.
    Seriously though he does deliver fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Another happen SLD customer. If you think he's fast with the Hammocks try his tarps. I ordered it one day and it arrived the day before.
    Seriously though he does deliver fast.
    I already have 3 in my fleet for weather protection. And, my 11' Trail Lair is beta tarp #1...lots of pictures of it on his site. BTW, very original trail name! It's alot more original than mine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast