Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors

Cool Superior Hiking Trail Suggestions?

Looking at a potential Superior Hiking Trail adventure with Jaxx... That's a long trail and we are thinking about three days of actual hiking consisting of 10-15 miles per day. Anyone out there with SHT experience that can suggest a potential section of the trail that fits this? Thanks in advance...looking at coming in on a Thursday from the airport via rental car, traveling to the end point, getting a shuttle to the start point, hiking through Sunday, and shuttling out early Monday Morning before heading back to the airport.

Many thanks for any suggestions!

G-Nut
    Ever eat a pine tree? Me neither...

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I do not have much to offer other than I'm jealous as the videos of this trail are beautiful. When are you guys going? Fronkey (a forum member) did a through hike and it's available on youTube here's part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzI58--XCNU

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Flying in to Duluth will save you a lot of driving time to the trail.
    Tons of great sections. Most of the best are south of Grand Marais. Check the SHT website for trail and shuttle info.....
    http://www.shta.org/Trail/TrailMaps/index.php
    Here is my SHT trip playlist if you want to eyeball some sections....https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zwwDh-P9J4-HoV
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I do not have much to offer other than I'm jealous as the videos of this trail are beautiful. When are you guys going? Fronkey (a forum member) did a through hike and it's available on youTube here's part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzI58--XCNU
    I saw Fronkey's thru hike video, great video. We are shooting for the middle of next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Flying in to Duluth will save you a lot of driving time to the trail.
    Tons of great sections. Most of the best are south of Grand Marais. Check the SHT website for trail and shuttle info.....
    http://www.shta.org/Trail/TrailMaps/index.php
    Here is my SHT trip playlist if you want to eyeball some sections....https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zwwDh-P9J4-HoV
    Shug
    I bought a map of the entire SHT and have been looking at some sections. Just curious do you have a favorite section? I've been eyeballing hiking south from Temperance river state park to Gooseberry falls or somewhere close to that it if we can do the miles.
    Don't be scared ,it's just a beard.

My youtube videos on Hiking ,Camping & Cooking

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    I bought a map of the entire SHT and have been looking at some sections. Just curious do you have a favorite section? I've been eyeballing hiking south from Temperance river state park to Gooseberry falls or somewhere close to that it if we can do the miles.
    That is a fairly long section to do for a Friday to a Sunday! There will be no lollygag time. About 55 miles.
    Maybe Temperence to Silver Bay would be more realistic.....and that is still a fair walk.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    I did a 3 night from starting in Crosby, could have started a little further south but the parking and shuttle options to Crosby sold me on that for convenience. There's also a great pub/restaurant on the road up to Crosby, forget the name but they have excellent hot sauce!

I agree with Shug that flying into Duluth will make your life easier, there's a good hiking store in town if you need to stock up on anything. The hike to Temprance is great, hit the top of Carlton and then doubled back to the lakeside camp ground.

Here's my trip report: https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...morial-Weekend
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

Superior Hiking Tail Suggestions?

Hey. I may be heading up that way the weekend of aug 12th. I live close to the airport in minneapolis and my wife and myself and the dog will be heading up to past grand marais most likely. We will be doing friday evening to monday mid day. Not sure if it will work out to shuttle you up and then pick you up again after your hike but let me know. I dont have any experience with the trail but plan to do it sometime in the next year. Also could mail me gear if it saves you any baggage fees or any fuel you cant take on plane trip and dont want to waste time buying. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrugs View Post
    Hey. I may be heading up that way the weekend of aug 12th. I live close to the airport in minneapolis and my wife and myself and the dog will be heading up to past grand marais most likely. We will be doing friday evening to monday mid day. Not sure if it will work out to shuttle you up and then pick you up again after your hike but let me know. I dont have any experience with the trail but plan to do it sometime in the next year. Also could mail me gear if it saves you any baggage fees or any fuel you cant take on plane trip and dont want to waste time buying. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We haven't worked out the dates as of yet. it's looking like maybe the week of the 18th or 25th . I will repost or send you a PM if we can swing around the 12th.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Fronkey has some youtube videos on his SHT hike worth checking out.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    Dates are set now for August 25th -29th. More than likely will get a room in Duluth then hit the trail early Friday morning. Shug was right about milage plus we wanna see some sites. No reason to fly 1300 miles and try and knock out 15 plus miles a day. I'm more into the lollygag thang anyway. Still working out the partuiclars, route wise but tentatilvey looking at still hiking north to south. Starting at Tettegoche state park for day 1 then hiking 11.1 miles to Silver Bay , camp. Then on Day 2 hiking 4.7 miles to beaver bay then on Split Rock 11.3 miles ,Camp. Then on day 3 leaving Split Rock to Gooseberry Falls 6.0 miles Does anyone see any problems with this itinerary so far?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast