Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=03ICOMCckH0

That's my Hidden Pond hike. And yes it was hot.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Fireplug, welcome to the forums.

I don't think anyone hiked in from Juniper Springs this go-around. I have hiked in from Juniper Springs a few years ago and it was a little hot from there as well. We needed to slow down for O-Boy to make sure he made it in to camp. It's a nice hike and I like Whiskey Creek when it's a little high.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Fireplug, welcome to the forums.

I don't think anyone hiked in from Juniper Springs this go-around. I have hiked in from Juniper Springs a few years ago and it was a little hot from there as well. We needed to slow down for O-Boy to make sure he made it in to camp. It's a nice hike and I like Whiskey Creek when it's a little high.
    Floridahanger. Are you a hammock guy. I need help with switching from tent to hammock. I can read all day but if I can see how to hang it and the stuff needed I'll understand it more. I want to hammock on my AT thru hike next year.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Yes we are all hammockers. We have had a few converts that brought their tents in the past and now used hammocks. These group hangs are perfect to learn different systems.

At the end if September we will be back at Hidden Pond and we can show you from DIY to internet(Amazon, etc) to vendor hammocks and tarps.

For me, the best way to learn until you get hands-on is to watch Shugs videos. Just click on the link at the right on the home page. Then practice at home before you're miles into the woods. Also, just bring your tent and hammock and we will help you.

You can also start a new thread. List your current gear and camping style and we can give you hours and hours of opinions, pictures, stories, video links etc to read.

Yes we are all hammockers. We have had a few converts that brought their tents in the past and now used hammocks. These group hangs are perfect to learn different systems.

At the end if September we will be back at Hidden Pond and we can show you from DIY to internet(Amazon, etc) to vendor hammocks and tarps.

I'd like to hike that again. Keep me posted on the dates please

For me, the best way to learn until you get hands-on is to watch Shugs videos. Just click on the link at the right on the home page. Then practice at home before you're miles into the woods. Also, just bring your tent and hammock and we will help you.

You can also start a new thread. List your current gear and camping style and we can give you hours and hours of opinions, pictures, stories, video links etc to read.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Sounds like I missed a good time. Thought about you guys last weekend at the Texas Butt Bake, sorta like our No Underquilt Hang, but with triple digit temps. Oh, and we had vehicle support, so plenty of ice cold drinks and Barbecue(it is Texas of course). I would post a link to our trip report, but its on another hammock related forum that this forum has banned any mention of. http://www.******************* <= see? Can't promise anything, but I would really, really, really, like to make the Last Gasp Hang this year.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    That would be great to have you home for Summer's Last Gasp. I thought about you as I was pointing out your "lemon tree" to the new hangers. It still looks great and you should see it for yourself.

Summer's Last Gasp Hang was discussed a little at this hang and it will be the last weekend in September 23-25, 2016. Just 2 more months.

That would be great to have you home for Summer's Last Gasp. I thought about you as I was pointing out your "lemon tree" to the new hangers. It still looks great and you should see it for yourself.

Summer's Last Gasp Hang was discussed a little at this hang and it will be the last weekend in September 23-25, 2016. Just 2 more months.
    Is this something I can attend to learn more on hammocks

Of course. It's a hike in and hang. But open to all.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireplug View Post
    Is this something I can attend to learn more on hammocks
    Definitely, although we may just confuse you more with all the info

You have 2 months to watch...

And don't forget the snacks to binge watch the rest of his videos.

If you have your hammock rig and haven't successfully slept overnight testing at home or nearby or haven't settled on a hammock yet, bring your tent setup to Summer's Last Gasp Hang so you can at least sleep the first night as we help you thru it all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123