Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    6,229
    I'm sure I'm missing something here, but is there a reason why the fixed eye can't be prusiked on to the standing part directly?
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  2. #12
    opie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    3,412
    Images
    3
    Weight is .6 ounces, 18 grams for 1 sling. So a set will weigh 1.2 ounces. These are 8'.
    Custom Bridge Hammocks

    Mackinac Bridge Hammocks

  3. #13
    opie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    3,412
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I'm sure I'm missing something here, but is there a reason why the fixed eye can't be prusiked on to the standing part directly?
    Generally, the prusik knots works best when it is made out of a smaller diameter line. I dont think making a prusik out of the 7/64 and expecting it to hold on 7/64 would be satisfactory.

    Not to mention, for the gram weenies, its to heavy. The 12 inches of zing it I use to make the prusik doesnt register on my scale.
    Custom Bridge Hammocks

    Mackinac Bridge Hammocks

  4. #14
    Senior Member WV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    southeast WV
    Hammock
    DIY
    Posts
    4,055
    Images
    207
    Looking forward to the new Dynaglide, and will try a UCR with it. I plan to use bungee for a prussik. (Thought the Dynaglide would probably show up today (Thanks to St. Opie!) but it looks like the mailmanwon't even show. So far we have 20" of snow, and it's not going to stop anytime soon - maybe tomorrow?)
    David

  5. #15
    Senior Member Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    1.1dbl Traveler
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HR
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    298
    I prefer to hang a weighted stuff sack to the fixed eye on the back of the constrictor. No need for a prusik. But nice solution.
    Dan

    Hangin' ROCKS!

  6. #16
    opie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    3,412
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hike4WD View Post
    I prefer to hang a weighted stuff sack to the fixed eye on the back of the constrictor. No need for a prusik. But nice solution.
    Have you noticed any deformation at the bury entrance for the tail of the constrictor?

    Im finding that the buries dont like having forces subjected to them at angles... Not sure it effects the performance or rating, but it sure looks bad, IMO.
    Custom Bridge Hammocks

    Mackinac Bridge Hammocks

  7. #17
    opie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    3,412
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by WVhammockmaker View Post
    Looking forward to the new Dynaglide, and will try a UCR with it. I plan to use bungee for a prussik. (Thought the Dynaglide would probably show up today (Thanks to St. Opie!) but it looks like the mailmanwon't even show. So far we have 20" of snow, and it's not going to stop anytime soon - maybe tomorrow?)
    David
    I wish we would start getting our snow for the season. So far we only have a couple inches on the ground.

    Thats unacceptable. We are behind for starting the pile for the snow fort.
    Custom Bridge Hammocks

    Mackinac Bridge Hammocks

  8. #18
    Senior Member WV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    southeast WV
    Hammock
    DIY
    Posts
    4,055
    Images
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Have you noticed any deformation at the bury entrance for the tail of the constrictor?

    Im finding that the buries dont like having forces subjected to them at angles... Not sure it effects the performance or rating, but it sure looks bad, IMO.
    I'm also going to try hanging something from the end of the UCR, but I thought I'd use a small line and run it parallel to the hammock line to a carabiner at the end of my hammock and then down. That way the force on the UCR isn't at an angle, and the hanging bag is near the hammock, under the end of the tarp.
    David

  9. #19
    opie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    3,412
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by WVhammockmaker View Post
    I'm also going to try hanging something from the end of the UCR, but I thought I'd use a small line and run it parallel to the hammock line to a carabiner at the end of my hammock and then down. That way the force on the UCR isn't at an angle, and the hanging bag is near the hammock, under the end of the tarp.
    David
    Thats a good idea.
    Custom Bridge Hammocks

    Mackinac Bridge Hammocks

  10. #20
    Senior Member Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    1.1dbl Traveler
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HR
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Have you noticed any deformation at the bury entrance for the tail of the constrictor?

    Im finding that the buries dont like having forces subjected to them at angles... Not sure it effects the performance or rating, but it sure looks bad, IMO.
    Yes, there's some deformation. However, I don't find it objectionable. For me, it's a simple solution and keeps the bury length short. Time will tell if there's any downside.
    Dan

    Hangin' ROCKS!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 09:46
  2. Zing it for a ridge line will it prusik to itself
    By Grizzly-outdoors in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 18:54
  3. Best Prusik cord for Zing-it/Lash-it tarp ridgeline, Need Advice
    By Sabatier in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 23:42
  4. Prusik Loop
    By Edie in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 04:23
  5. Zing it Prusik knots
    By Highstrung in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 21:29

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •