Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target CCF Pads

Images

Target CCF Pads

I have been to two different Targets looking for their pads and have been unsuccessful. The only ones they appear to carry are the Eddie Bauer self inflating. I also checked their website. Has anyone bought their 27x77 3/8 CCF pad lately? Maybe I am too late to the party.

I want to make a Neat Frost Pad. http://www.tothewoods.net/ImagesStay...atFrostPad.pdf
    In lieu of that, is there a similar pad I could use? It would appear it is the width that makes this attractive. I currently have a Walmart blue pad.

Thanks!!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dsshepard View Post
    I have been to two different Targets looking for their pads and have been unsuccessful. The only ones they appear to carry are the Eddie Bauer self inflating. I also checked their website. Has anyone bought their 27x77 3/8 CCF pad lately? Maybe I am too late to the party.

I want to make a Neat Frost Pad. http://www.tothewoods.net/ImagesStay...atFrostPad.pdf
    In lieu of that, is there a similar pad I could use? It would appear it is the width that makes this attractive. I currently have a Walmart blue pad.

Thanks!!
    I was in the Target on South Boulevard in Charlotte, close to Pineville last week and remember seeing several of those blue pads there. You may want to give them a look, especially now that the area is much more accessible via 485.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I have also been looking for those Neat Sheets mentioned in the link above. I know they sell them at WalMart but I haven't seen any. What area are they in?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I got my Neat Sheet a couple years ago but if memory serves I think it was with the beach stuff at time.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I've seen them at Walgreens before, also. If you have one of those close, it might be another option.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    After doing a search for retailers on the Neat Sheet site I found out that my local Rite Aid carried them. I stopped and picked up the "single" size for $7.99. It really reminds me of the microporus polypropylene that that Frogg Toggs, Drop Stoppers, and the JRB weather shield are made from. In fact I bet it would make a good material to use for a weather shield since it is water resistant.

I have also been wanting to make a small mat to go underneath my hammock for shoes to sit on or to just generally have a clean spot to rest my feet or put items on. I had thought about Tyvek but it tends to pick up dirt and debris after a while and I have been look for an alternative.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Anyone have the weight? Would it hold up to use as frame in my gearskin? How thick is it?
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Anyone have the weight? Would it hold up to use as frame in my gearskin? How thick is it?
    The regular size NeatSheet is less than a pound (about 14 oz) and the 'family size' is about twice that.
    Last edited by angrysparrow; 06-10-2007 at 16:00.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    They also have weights about the size of a silver dollar sewn into each corner and in the middle length wise. After removing these weights, a single size Neat Sheet weighs 9.9 oz for a 57"x77" piece of fabric. Maybe someone who enjoys math more than I do can figure the weight per square yard .

It's fairly tough material but you can tear it by hand with a little effort. I think if it would hold up from being slept on it would be fine for your gear skin. It not very thick. It looks like 2 layers of the Frogg Toggs material sewn together, but it does not have that "papery/crinkly" feel like Frogg Toggs. It's pretty soft feeling.

www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    After removing these weights, a single size Neat Sheet weighs 9.9 oz for a 57"x77" piece of fabric. Maybe someone who enjoys math more than I do can figure the weight per square yard .
    I don't 'enjoy' math per se, but it's clear that the weight is 2.923oz/sq yard.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast