Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target CCF Pads

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I was in the Target on South Boulevard in Charlotte, close to Pineville last week and remember seeing several of those blue pads there. You may want to give them a look, especially now that the area is much more accessible via 485.
    Thanks!! I will check that one out!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    They also have weights about the size of a silver dollar sewn into each corner and in the middle length wise. After removing these weights, a single size Neat Sheet weighs 9.9 oz for a 57"x77" piece of fabric. Maybe someone who enjoys math more than I do can figure the weight per square yard .

It's fairly tough material but you can tear it by hand with a little effort. I think if it would hold up from being slept on it would be fine for your gear skin. It not very thick. It looks like 2 layers of the Frogg Toggs material sewn together, but it does not have that "papery/crinkly" feel like Frogg Toggs. It's pretty soft feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I don't 'enjoy' math per se, but it's clear that the weight is 2.923oz/sq yard.

Thanks guys. Looks like I will be going to target tomorrow.

My ccp is about 12oz for 22"x68"-ish. I'll trim it down and report back.

I loaded up my pack with all my gear, water for 1/2 a day's hiking, and 15 lbs of ballest to simulate the food weigt for the 100 mile wilderness. Lets just say it has been awhile since I had over 35lbs on my back. I'm looking to shave every last oz I can off. I could add the ccp later on when it gets cold.
    Last edited by Coffee; 06-10-2007 at 22:36.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    I got my Neat sheet at Toys R Us. It was near the front of the store with the beach / pool toys and such. Another option if your still looking. BD
    Last edited by Bird Dog; 06-12-2007 at 09:39.
    Just Jeff made me do it

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dsshepard View Post
    I have been to two different Targets looking for their pads and have been unsuccessful. The only ones they appear to carry are the Eddie Bauer self inflating. I also checked their website. Has anyone bought their 27x77 3/8 CCF pad lately? Maybe I am too late to the party.

I want to make a Neat Frost Pad. http://www.tothewoods.net/ImagesStay...atFrostPad.pdf
    In lieu of that, is there a similar pad I could use? It would appear it is the width that makes this attractive. I currently have a Walmart blue pad.

Thanks!!
    I searched through Target's web site and can't find a CC Pad with those dimensions. (27x77x3/8) I'm particularly interested in the 27" width. In which dept. did you find them? They do have some nice but pricey Yoga pads that are 24" wide.

Thanks, Miguel

Images
    OK, I have given up on finding the Target CCF pad. I have personally been to about 4 or 5 different Targets and they don't carry them anymore. I have ordered a 24" pad from an Army surplus and will make my Neat Frost pad from that. I can always cheat and make the wings wider.

This will be my first DIY project. Once I am finished with that, I will work on my RayWay quilt sitting in the box next to me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12