Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    Yeah... I have tried other hammocks but I prefer simple solutions and sleep systems. The no net Claytor is cheap and one of the best hammocks out there. The Pea Pod looks like it is the most imaginative method of staying warm. I like the Warbonnet Traveler Hammock. I think that both the Claytor no net hammock and the Warbonnet Traveler Hammock are the two best hammocks which I use. They are both overlooked on these forums because they are so plain and unexciting hammocks. The same goes for the Pea Pod.. It too is often overlooked because of its boring simplicity.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    OG, which Mosquito hammock ( aka Claytor?) do you have? http://www.mosquitohammock.com/

They have the Expedition( 8 ft long), Jungle(9'9" long) and No net(10 ft long)- all 4 ft wide. I had a jungle, and my toes would be in the netting on the diagonal. But I pretty much stay in the hammock with the No Net.

I'm not sure I could be happy with the 8 ft Expedition. But I would still love to try it with the Pea Pod, as the pod will completely enclose the end channels. My friend has an expedition and I MUST borrow it and see for myself.
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I have the Jungle. It was my first hammock, and will proly always be my go-to hammock when the skeeters are about.

I also have a Traveler...much roomier and more comfortable.

Have either of you guys tried the 'Pod on an ENO Double?
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    I have tried the Pea Pod with an ENO a couple of times and it worked okay. But I find that the Pea Pod works the best with either the Clayor no net or the Warbonnet Traveler hammocks. The Eno Hammock was too floppy and wide.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I just ordered the no net hammock------thanks for the advice! I figure even if it doesnt work out that great for me, its pretty cheap and the kids will have a ball with it---cant lose on that deal! Thanks!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    That is good.. At first I thought that the claytor no net was a too narrow hammock
    The Claytor no net hammocks are not glamorized because they are so plain and simple. They are as good as the other hammocks, they are just less expensive

Hammock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    I spent several hours sleeping in my Claytor no net hammock and my Pea Pod. It takes awhile to get used to the lay of the hammock because it seems so long and narrow compared to my other hammocks. The hammock's long flat straight lay is identical to the lay in the Clarke Nx-200 or a bridge hammock. It is a very solid hammock. I think that its construction will out live and out last my other hammocks. The temperature got down to around 9 degrees and I stayed warm. Through the hood of the pea pod I was able to watch the moon and stars. The wind did not rob much heat from the pea pod and when I closed the pea pod totally up the temperature rose 10 more degrees. The Pea Pod and the Claytor no net hammock work beautifully together as a survival system. They are an ideal way to stay warm when the weather is cold and foul.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12