Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Quote Originally Posted by Etiapsa View Post
    I don't think that it is a good idea to replace the bed for a hammock. In the beginning you'll be enthusiastic about it, but after that you'll start to feel pain in your back.
    Humm...I'm losing count of how many yrs I have been full time in the hammock and my back loves me. My back though sure does not like beds...beds are plain outright torture devices.
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Z
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Tigris el Cheapo
    Suspension
    Straps
    I went with a prefabricated stand, a 10 foot hammock, and have been living the good life for more than a year now. The stand breaks down into 4 pieces with the twist of a few screws, and packs down into a bag small enough to hide. Love it, unlike others who complain of leg and neck pinch with shorter hammocks, I've had good results at 5'10".
    "If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." - L Wittgenstein

Hammock
    Grand Trunk UL
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Hummingbird
    I have some $10 400lb rated anchors screwed into studs in the wall, and I spliced myself an extra set of whoopie slings for indoors. I use my backpacking hammock as my sleeping hammock on the diagonal of my room and got rid of my bed, and just pack away the hammock when I want full use of my floor space. It's great

I sleep in a 9'6" Grand Trunk UL, which only costs $30 but is extremely light (I took off the biners), durable, and highly reviewed by thru-hikers. Inexpensive doesn't mean cheap! A caveat that I'm only 4'10". I don't think most tall people would be comfortable sleeping in a 9'6" all the time.

If you're a taller person looking for an everyday hammock, you can get a longer hammock from Dutchware Gear for under $50.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    After years of looking at my walls, not in a meditation sense, I’ve realized if I were to bring the hammock indoors, I’d need an indoor stand. There are plenty of posts from people who have successfully attached bolts/hangers to unseen studs behind sheetrock walls. For me, chicken little that I am, it’s too much of a risk - not of falling but of pulling out a wall stud. If I knew I was going into solid, well anchored top and bottom, wood, then no problem.

But there are indoor stands. So you have some support choices.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123