Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Hang Your Own Hang Podcast - Episode 11 (Ladies' Round Table) Released!

In this episode, Jonathan and Mark welcome an amazing guest co-host! Melanie Lamere, known as lilprincess in Hammock Forums, leads a round-table conversation with Junebug, Baja, Connie, Colleen, and Sue about their experiences and concerns as women when they go hammock camping. After talking about their experiences, they discuss the idea of “packing to your fears”. If you have a spouse or daughter you would like to introduce to hammock camping, this is the episode to share with them!

After the round table, Mark, Melanie and Jonathan discuss the costs of hammock camping, how they sometimes build up, and how a frugal camper can avoid spending a lot of money at once.

Acknowledgements go this month to 2 episode sponsors – Haute Hammock, a fine purveyor of hammock-related t-shirt designs, and Yukon Outfitters, a US-based manufacturer of hammock camping gear, along with a line of outdoors-related products. Listen to our episode for a discount code on your next order!

Show Notes:

Backpacking Adventures discusses the idea of “packing to your fears” in this interesting blog article.

As always, we are also inviting comments and suggestions on our Facebook page – like us there at http://www.facebook.com/hyohpodcast and join the conversation. You can listen to or subscribe to thepodcast from a link on our home page online at http://www.hyohpodcast.com. If you are really enjoying ourpodcast and want to see us reach our goal of two podcasts per episode, please be sure to become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/hyohpodcast. If you’d rather not become a monthly patron but would still like to buy Mark and Jonathan a cup of coffee, go to https://paypal.me/hyohpocast.com to make a one-time donation. Thanks so much for hanging around!
    Last edited by captaincoupal; 08-01-2016 at 07:20.

Hammock
    Chameleon,Yukon double
    Tarp
    DIY RSBTR Winter
    Insulation
    mix of Hg & DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks to our guests this month. Always interesting to get other people's perspective on being out in the woods.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    That was an interesting episode. It's on my wife's "to listen to" list. We'll repost it on our Facebook page as well.

Two more suggestions for future shows:

Hammock camping with children

Hammock camping with dogs

Thanks guys!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Great suggestions, thanks! We've touched on both subjects, the trick is to find interviewees who allow for the coverage of those topics.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincoupal View Post
    Great suggestions, thanks! We've touched on both subjects, the trick is to find interviewees who allow for the coverage of those topics.
    I liked the round table approach to explore the subject from different points of view and varying levels of experience. This would be helpful on those other subjects too, IMO. It might not even take a full episode to have the discussion, or it might- either way I'd listen. Or, the two subjects might be combined. I don't want to equate dogs with children, but there are certain aspects of hiking with either that would overlap.

I remember Fronkey talking about hiking with his dog. Also Sintax77 has a new dog that he and his wife are starting to hike with now. I see dogs out on the trail frequently. It really bothers me when I see that the dog owners haven't prepared well to take their dogs out- not carrying water for them on hot days, overpacking them, getting them out when it's just too darn hot.

I'm trying to learn how to hike with my two dogs, but I don't want it to just be a sufferfest for them, I want them to enjoy it! I also have a grandson who's not quite ready to hike yet (4 months) but I want to be ready to do it the right way when he is!

Anyway, just some ideas I had. Thanks guys, and CYOP (cast your own podcast lol).

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Asym XL
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ + TQ
    A new podcast to add to my list! All episodes downloaded and time to binge on them while I work.
    I'm not lost. I'm just exploring.

• + New Posts