WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I just finished making and testing the Fancee Feest/Heine pot stove system that I am donating for the raffle. Here it is for those interested:

Weight is 4.7 ounces, or 7.2 ounces with the full fuel bottle and matches. It boiled 2c water with 1.0 oz denatured alcohol in 7:00 minutes with flame out at 11:30. Everything in the photo is included, and all fits into the twist-lock container. Fuel bottle holds 2 1/4 ounces to the brim.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    I just finished making and testing the Fancee Feest/Heine pot stove system that I am donating for the raffle. Here it is for those interested:

Weight is 4.7 ounces, or 7.2 ounces with the full fuel bottle and matches. It boiled 2c water with 1.0 oz denatured alcohol in 7:00 minutes with flame out at 11:30. Everything in the photo is included, and all fits into the twist-lock container. Fuel bottle holds 2 1/4 ounces to the brim.
    Dang I wouldnt mind having one of those!! That looks cool.

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing &amp; Buckle
    Images
    sent you a PM

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Im going to have to bow out.

I currently have the Ptarmigan and I will send that along with the TRL and Guy Lines for the raffle to whomever wants to be in charge of getting them to the hang.
    Let me expound a bit....

Ive been involved with organizing large GTG's before. Some for cutting and splitting firewood for needy families.. Others for expeditions around MI.

I am a very solitary person. Large groups are outside of my comfort level. When I signed up for the HH, it was relatively small. As its grown...I thought, "cool, Ill get to meet this member and that." Now its at the level where carpooling is necessary because the parking lot is to small. Thats to big for me.

Ill certainly regret not getting to meet all of the folks coming...But its the right decision for me.

There is another reason, and perhaps it should be forefront to my own insecurity... But my son has been acting up lately and he is starting to lose focus on his schooling. He and I need to have a guys weekend. I dont think it would be fair to him to take off for the weekend and not take him with me. A trip in MI is in order.

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing &amp; Buckle
    Images
    Gotta give props to responsible daddies.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post

looks great!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Let me expound a bit....

Ive been involved with organizing large GTG's before. Some for cutting and splitting firewood for needy families.. Others for expeditions around MI.

I am a very solitary person. Large groups are outside of my comfort level. When I signed up for the HH, it was relatively small. As its grown...I thought, "cool, Ill get to meet this member and that." Now its at the level where carpooling is necessary because the parking lot is to small. Thats to big for me.

Ill certainly regret not getting to meet all of the folks coming...But its the right decision for me.

There is another reason, and perhaps it should be forefront to my own insecurity... But my son has been acting up lately and he is starting to lose focus on his schooling. He and I need to have a guys weekend. I dont think it would be fair to him to take off for the weekend and not take him with me. A trip in MI is in order.
    gonna miss meeting you Opie, but you have to take care of yourself first!
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Expounding here, too..

The parking thing needs to get figured out...
    I don't want to invest a bunch of drive time to spend the weekend carpooling back and forth in Indiana??? Seems like we could find something better, as far as logistics go.?

I'm riding the fence on this now, backwoods or car camping, I don't mind either, but if I wanted to carpool, I'd move to LA?!

Hopefully, something good can be worked out.

Logistics?? Big group = big logistics.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    perhaps, in an effort to reduce some anxiety, we should get a committed head count started.

Please, # of headcount (if bringing others), committment level, and time arriving

animalcontrol - 1 (in my car) - committed - late afternoon (could get there earlier if required)

FWIW, IMO, the logistics of everyone carpooling upon arrival is unmanageable. I simply cannot see how people from multiple states will be able to arrive, park somewhere, carpool to the trailhead, hike in and find camp in a reasonable timeline.
    Sorry to sound like a wet-blanket...maybe the expected numbers are inflated.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Committed here. I mean I'm comin to the hang that is. ETA late morn to early afternoon.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast