Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This map shows another parking lot off of Berry Ridge Road. The hike in should be around 3.5 miles. Mule, do you think it exists?http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/imag...tr_drawing.gif

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    I was wondering if the trails were clearly marked if hiking from the Nebo Ridge parking lot? I saw one map that showed a singe trail and another that had multiple trails running in all directions. I would like to hike in from there on Friday, but wouldn't mind being dropped off from someone who parked at the closer lot on Sunday if it turns out to be a long hike. I need to be on the road around 11:30ish to meet my lovely daughter for lunch in Greencastle .
    I second what Mule said.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Found a satellite view of the area and it looks like there is a small parking lot where Berry Ridge road swings SE off the trail. http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...0_4546crx.aspx. It could be a shorter distance for those who wish to hike a little. I'll probably do a drive by on the way in. If it works out I'll be parking over there.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    Found a satellite view of the area and it looks like there is a small parking lot where Berry Ridge road swings SE off the trail. http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...0_4546crx.aspx. It could be a shorter distance for those who wish to hike a little. I'll probably do a drive by on the way in. If it works out I'll be parking over there.
    I have not been down the Nebo Ridge trail all the way to where Grizz is starting his hike since the bicycles took the trail over and made it easy to follow. But that trail from Berry Ridge Road to BH may be only a small trail almost like and animal trail, and every ridge has a trail on it and every hollow has a creek running through it. What I am saying is it's very easy to get on the wrong ridge that heads the same direction. If that happpens you may think you are going to one place and end up a ridge off. The problem is you won't know for sure if you are North or South or East of West of the correct ridge. If you have a GPS you should take it for a backup.
    Just two weeks ago when Trout and I and a couple of friends of whom one is maybe the best at knowing where he is that I know of, we got on the wrong ridge and it cost us an hour at least and that's with us having been there before. The forest, ridges and hollows all look the same and there are no marked trails except for the bike trails.
    Just a word of caution.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Headlines....

Today on Nebo Ridge Trail, 50 eccentric hammockers were rescued. All members of a kooky cult, Hammock Forum .net.

Homeland Security is looking into the matter...
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    I have not been down the Nebo Ridge trail all the way to where Grizz is starting his hike since the bicycles took the trail over and made it easy to follow. But that trail from Berry Ridge Road to BH may be only a small trail almost like and animal trail, and every ridge has a trail on it and every hollow has a creek running through it. What I am saying is it's very easy to get on the wrong ridge that heads the same direction. If that happpens you may think you are going to one place and end up a ridge off. The problem is you won't know for sure if you are North or South or East of West of the correct ridge. If you have a GPS you should take it for a backup.
    Just two weeks ago when Trout and I and a couple of friends of whom one is maybe the best at knowing where he is that I know of, we got on the wrong ridge and it cost us an hour at least and that's with us having been there before. The forest, ridges and hollows all look the same and there are no marked trails except for the bike trails.
    Just a word of caution.
    I thought there were going to be ribbon markers?
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    currently my DIY bridge
    Tarp
    8 x 10 sil tarp
    Insulation
    DIY tq,pads
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    But that trail from Berry Ridge Road to BH may be only a small trail almost like and animal trail,
    But, isn't that the Nebo Ridge bike trail that meets Berry road? wouldn't it be well marked?

Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Maybe it is the doings of all the Browning Hill haints, remember the electomagnetic field may be interrupted and all your gizmos just go haywire, making for yet another adventerous ramble in the Piney woods. How about we just leave marker ribbon at the appropriate spot and we could always just yell WooooooBuddy every once in a while and hone in on the sound, then again it will probably just echo through the hills and river valleys and we will all become part of the local legend.

This is sounding pretty scary guys.....I will make sure that I add a magical sword to my kit, one that has had a spell cast upon it by Gandolf the White. There is no sense in messing around you know.
    AnimalControl, I hope you have been keeping up with all this stuff, because it sounds like I am going to need a really good wingman for this hang. Make sure that you bring your OES Batcave with you and we can be twinks.
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I thought there were going to be ribbon markers?
    Yes there will be trail markers going in from the Nebo Ridge Trailhead on Elkinsville road. That's the only way they will be marked unless Grizz or someone wants to mark their trail from somewhere else. I don't mountain bike so I don't know if the trail is good or not from Berry Ridge Road. I'm not even sure that's a bike trail there. I have helped a few bikers to find their way out of there.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Hey I just noticed that Mule is from Kokomo Indiana...does anybody know anything about Kokomo Indiana....well I do.
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

• + New Posts
  • Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast