Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    I hang mine from a tree with The Big Carl Pack Hanger and if expecting rain cover it with a garbage bag.
    Ditto. Made my own slightly elongated version of the Big Carl with some Lash-It and a dutch hook. Hasn't failed me yet! Makes setting up and breaking down camp much easier. For rain protection, pull a garbage bag over it and tuck the open end between the line and the tree.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    I like to use my hammock chair/gear loft. It keeps everything off the ground and next to me so I can get to it while still laying in the hammock.
    Attachment 134685 Attachment 134686 Attachment 134687 Attachment 134688

It's such a handy piece of gear and I just love it. No more cleaning my ground mat or worrying what got into my pack at night.
    I've tried to use my AHE Bushman Hammock Chair as a gear loft, but it ain't working for me. That's one of the reasons I bought the hammock chair. I use an integrated bug net on the Blackbird so hanging the gear hammock behind me makes no sense since I can't reach it and don't want it laying up against me.. Doesn't that bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust78 View Post
    I keep mine on a modified Big Carl Pack Hanger I made with Zing-it and a fleaz. It sits on the head-end tree with the straps toward the tree and a silnylon pack cover on it just in case. Since I'm sleeping by that point and my bear bag is hung, there really isn't anything left in the bag except a few essentials.
    +1
    I carry an eight foot length of reflective cord in my hip belt for backup guy line if I need it. Fixed eye in one end and a CL prussik'd in the middle. That's my pack hanger. I usually just wrap the tree and thread the end through the eye, then make a MSH thread through the pack's carry loop and hook the prussik around the toggle. Plastic liner bag if weather is foul.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I just clip my backpack onto the hammock ridgeline with a carabiner. Since I hang head right, feet left, I can clip it "feet right" and it doesn't in any way interefere with my sleep. I don't even put a pack cover on it since it's safely secured beneath the tarp.
    I always think I will do this.. but first thing I do when I've made my tree selection is hang the backpack at the head end tree.. never bother to relocate it to the suspension..
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234