WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by j3T View Post
    ...I looked more carefully today at the rewiring task and find that someone yanked out the wire from the under table controller to motor at the motor, so I am a little concern there is a little more to this rewiring than what shows in Rain's tutorial you referenced. I hope it is not 'fatal',...
    If the field core has been destroyed, there is a very good chance you will be able to find another one from a parts machine through a variety of sources.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    If the field core has been destroyed, there is a very good chance you will be able to find another one from a parts machine through a variety of sources.
    Good point about a parts machine as a source for replacement parts. There are plenty of potted motor machines available. Thanks!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by j3T View Post
    Really excited about a 'new' 1956 vintage Singer 1200-1 thread injector I just bought from a CL ad. The 1200-1 is a Singer 201-2 with a presser foot knee lift and a treadle-like controller arrangement, all built into an industrial-style table. Singer called the 1200-1, the 'Dressmaker'. It was considered an artisan's machine marketed for use by more serious sewers such high end garment sewers and tailors. The 201-2 has a good reputation for straight stitch only stitch quality. Supposedly, only
    6,500 units of this model were made.

This particular machine was inherited by a local lady whose mother, an owner of a garment production shop, sewed her design samples while she, the daughter, was designing clothing for Oleg Cassini, the famous women's wear designer.

I think the large work space and the knee-controlled lift for the presser foot will particularly helpful in freeing up both hands for gear making. I am really fired up about finding this version of a Singer 201!

I am going to have to rewire the controller as well as the "potted" style, electric, direct drive motor,
    refinish the table and give it a good clean up/oiling.
    Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pictures.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    My latest TI is a Fleetwood 656. Made by Toyota and is all Cast Iron... sort of looks like a 60's Muscle car Dash Board... extremely heavy and in Fantastic Shape...!

IMG_0942.jpg

SG

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Edge, Noah 12
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Straps / Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by shipsgunner View Post
    My latest TI is a Fleetwood 656. Made by Toyota and is all Cast Iron... sort of looks like a 60's Muscle car Dash Board... extremely heavy and in Fantastic Shape...!

IMG_0942.jpg

SG
    That is a beautiful machine.
    "Everything works if you let it." - Corpus C. Redfish

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by shipsgunner View Post

IMG_0942.jpg

SG
    What a great looking machine. I've been on the hunt for machines like this. I really like the styling of the 50's and 60's. What did you give for it?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Cost me 2 and a half bills. Guy here in Virginia beach [google "Sewing Machine Steve"]. He has a shop here and restores old ones or refurbs really good ones and sells them.

He has a really nice Singer 503a Rocketeer but they came with only an .8amp motor and also had one plastic gear (all rest are metal) whereas this Fleetwood came with a 1.3amp and all metal gears...

You can go to his Etsy store to see some of the ones he has for sale. Check it out... https://www.etsy.com/shop/SewingMachineSteve

NOW IF I CAN ONLY FIND A USERS MANUAL FOR IT!!!!!

SG
    Last edited by shipsgunner; 03-08-2015 at 18:48.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    This is a machine I have been hunting for a while. I have not been able to track down any information regarding the actual production numbers or year of manufacture. So what we have is a Singer 431G. The serial number is PB577977. I picked it up from a guy who only paid $5.00 for it at a goodwill outlet. I bought three machines from him including this one for a total of $40.00.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Now I know how I can get some old Kenmore machines in Europe too. But it will get even funnier for me on my way to become a sewing expert. Yesterday I bought just for fun a very old Phoenix industrial sewing machine made in Germany. I will get it next week. It's a super-stretch zig-zag machine with a 105W motor. I looked for even older Maruzen-Jaguar machines (some were made for the Kenmore 158s!) and Brother or Janome machines, but this Phoenix machine got on my radar and I got it almost for free. I think it's one of the last machines build by Anker/Phoenix/Meister Germany in liaison with Riccar Japan before the Anker/Phoenix/Meister sewing machine companies went bankrupt or were sold to Husqvarna, Sweden about 1969. The nicest thing is that it looks like that I can use all my presser feet with this old machine too. (Pictures will follow when I have it and can work with it).

Another nice machine which is still on my radar is a Riccar 528. I will still try to get one - just for fun!

Here is a nice description of old sewing machines, but written in German. Some old Kenmore machines (made by Maruzen-Jaguar, Japan or Brother) can be found under the "Quelle (Privileg, Ideal)" link on this side. And here I found another nice picture list.
    Last edited by xxl_hanger; 03-14-2015 at 16:54.

• + New Posts
  • Page 144 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast