Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Let us put it this way; with that treadle set up already; it is able to run any and every kind of material, only constrained by needle and material thickness; due to the space between needle plate and the presser foot, oh and how strong your legs are. This treadle set up would be a boon to use with webbing straps, say 3 or 4 layers.... and because your feet is running it, you would be able to control the speed of the stitching only by how fast or slow you push the treadle, this sometimes can make for a more measured, controlled stitching and making of gear. Unlike my Singer 328K, the treadle system allows me to go slow when needed, and the 328K only has one speed, "as fast as the motor/belt goes"; and I've never seen a speed control or such on the machine unlike newer machines whose speed is controlled by how hard I push the foot pedal... That cabinet, I would dare say is under a meter and around half a meter when folded up... it is the "table" and the door on the front that makes it look large, I do not believe you need an assistant to carry it, unless it is over 20kg in weight. The "table" and the panel with the smaller box on its face, are hinged, and would close up on the system once you fold the machine in, I am not 100% sure how the machine folds in with the belt being in the way, but there seems to be a system there for it.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I just found out that my Meister machine looks similar than the first Meister ZZ machine shown here which is similar than the Vesta ZZ 302 build by Vesta-Werke (Dietrich) in Altenburg, Germany up to 1945. This sewing machine company was established in 1875.

The Meister ZZ (ZZ stands for zig-zag) sewing machine is first Liga and got all possible 10 point from the reviewer. This means one of the best sewing machines ever build. I think this machine is available in the US too but very rare. In Europe one can find it more often. Even the Vesta ZZ 302 can still be found. Look here and here.

Old Vesta Machine made in Germany. Mine is not the same, but the mechanic is most likely similar and the machine is very heavy (approx. 17 Kilo).
    Last edited by xxl_hanger; 03-27-2015 at 03:30.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    Let us put it this way; with that treadle set up already; it is able to run any and every kind of material, only constrained by needle and material thickness; due to the space between needle plate and the presser foot, oh and how strong your legs are. This treadle set up would be a boon to use with webbing straps, say 3 or 4 layers.... and because your feet is running it, you would be able to control the speed of the stitching only by how fast or slow you push the treadle, this sometimes can make for a more measured, controlled stitching and making of gear. Unlike my Singer 328K, the treadle system allows me to go slow when needed, and the 328K only has one speed, "as fast as the motor/belt goes"; and I've never seen a speed control or such on the machine unlike newer machines whose speed is controlled by how hard I push the foot pedal... That cabinet, I would dare say is under a meter and around half a meter when folded up... it is the "table" and the door on the front that makes it look large, I do not believe you need an assistant to carry it, unless it is over 20kg in weight. The "table" and the panel with the smaller box on its face, are hinged, and would close up on the system once you fold the machine in, I am not 100% sure how the machine folds in with the belt being in the way, but there seems to be a system there for it.
    So I will make every effort not to break up the treadle set up. I will think about a better solution step by step.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Mine is not the same but I'm now optimistic that the machine is very similar. Most likely it is a Meister Zick Zack too. The service seems to be very easy and adding a motor is no problem at all. I think I don't need much accessories. I have it already.

This is the way I would like to use it (without cabinet, this would be for me the easiest and cheapest solution):

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti

Pfaff 19

I'll add to the German theme. Here is my Pfaff 19, made for Pfaff by Dorina. I don't know much about it yet. It seems to be very similar to the Janome 444, not sure who was using who's design though. It's a high shank and that knob on the bed controls the feed dog height. It can be normal for med-heavy fabrics, low for light weight stuff or down for embroidery and such. It's a ZZ and can do decorative stitches with cams, although there were none with it. It's oiled up and sounds really nice. I just need to do some more fine cleaning to get the last of the gunk from sitting for years off it. I'm looking forward to using this on a couple of projects I have in the works. I love my old Singers and whatnot, but I'm really starting to enjoy these machine from the 60's that were the last all metal beasts.

I'm not sure if this is unique or if I've just never noticed on other machines, but when in ZZ mode the entire bobbin carriage follows the needle as it moves side to side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I'm borrowing this one from a friend long term. It's a Brother Innovis 500D. Super manly, huh? Anybody know if it's any good?

image.jpg

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Hey Im a Pooh Fan... Nice!

image.jpg

No fancy lcd screen and no super awesome retro gold scrollwork, but it works well!
    My wife and I bought it for $30 from a woman on Craigslist who literally sold secondhand sewing machines out of her car trunk.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images

I got it complete on Wednesday with cabinet and footboard. I oiled it already twice, greased two metal gears, extracted some rust under the footboard at two axle bearings, shortened the leather strap a bit, repaired the feed dogs countersink (a jack reel was deadlocked). Now it works fine, sounds like a Swizz watch mechanism. Super silent and perfect stitches. One can see it's made in Germany!!! All-in iron. I ordered a manual already, a boobin winder rubber (one of the two were worn out) and a high shank presser foot holder (with it I can use all my other snap-in presser feet). What I got was a lot of accessories too (among other high shank presser feets three width roll hem presser feets! ). For all I paid 1,50 + about 15€ for gas (I had to drive about 150 km to take the machine home).

With this machine I got 4 nylon gear attachments which 8 different stitching patterns. I can put these gears above the bobbin winder into the machine.

I will post detailed pictures of this machine as soon as I get the manual and this boobin winder rubber spare part. Then I will show how it is in action. For me this was a very big bargain. It's a Meister Universal-Zig Zag- and Straight Stich Sewing Machine Class 101. I think it was made about 1948-1950 and was one of the best machine at that time. It looks still (almost) like new. Inside the machine the machanism is exactly the same than in this black Meister Zick Zack machine shown above. Outside the machine there is some added functionality above the bobbin winder or hand wheel on the right side. And it has already a light on the left side. Therefore I think it is a improved and somewhat newer version of the Meister ZZ.
    Last edited by xxl_hanger; 04-03-2015 at 12:58.

Hammock
    Several DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Inc. 20/Bur. 30
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl_hanger View Post

I got it complete on Wednesday with cabinet and footboard. I oiled it already twice, greased two metal gears, extracted some rust under the footboard at two axle bearings, shortened the leather strap a bit, repaired the feed dogs countersink (a jack reel was deadlocked). Now it works fine, sounds like a Swizz watch mechanism. Super silent and perfect stitches. One can see it's made in Germany!!! All-in iron. I ordered a manual already, a boobin winder rubber (one of the two were worn out) and a high shank presser foot holder (with it I can use all my other snap-in presser feet). What I got was a lot of accessories too (among other high shank presser feets three width roll hem presser feets! ). For all I paid 1,50 + about 15€ for gas (I had to drive about 150 km to take the machine home).

With this machine I got 4 nylon gear attachments which 8 different stitching patterns. I can put these gears above the bobbin winder into the machine.

I will post detailed pictures of this machine as soon as I get the manual and this boobin winder rubber spare part. Then I will show how it is in action. For me this was a very big bargain. It's a Meister Universal-Zig Zag- and Straight Stich Sewing Machine Class 101. I think it was made about 1948-1950 and was one of the best machine at that time. It looks still (almost) like new. Inside the machine the machanism is exactly the same than in this black Meister Zick Zack machine shown above. Outside the machine there is some added functionality above the bobbin winder or hand wheel on the right side. And it has already a light on the left side. Therefore I think it is a improved and somewhat newer version of the Meister ZZ.
    Looks like a good old solid machine and you will still be making gear during a blackout. Cool
    If there is nothing left to learn it’s time to die.
    Live and learn.

• + New Posts
  • Page 150 of 198 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast