Hammock
    DIY HyperD 11"
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I went to my local Goodwill tonight and noticed a Singer 404 there for $7. If anyone is interested and lives in the Tinley Park/Chicago area, drop me a pm and I'll give you the specific store location. I was unable to test it, but the cabinet was in pretty good shape and the machine itself was a little dusty but not much more looked wrong with it.

Hammock
    Trekk Lite, Enos Double
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY - Costco
    Suspension
    DIY- whoopie sling
    WP_20160811_21_32_10_Pro.jpg. When I was sewing up the tie out straps on my winter tarp, the vertical shaft drive gear broke on my Singer fashion mate 257. I replaced the gear and retimed it and had it working until I found out I should have adj the needle positions for the zig-zag first. I was going to retime it tonight now that I have the neddle position adj properly. However while I was at one of our local own shops today when I was at work I noticed this machine and was able to pick it up for $35.00. It is a Singer stylist 7258 and it is amazing!! It has 100 different stitches, a auto needle threader, auto thread lock that you don't have to do anything after you push the button and you can set it to have the needle stop up or down. Which works fantastic when you have to do direction changes. Still have to get grandmas old machine working again tho

Just borrowed this baby from my mother in-law! I Never used a sewing machine before lol !!! 1969 Singer Stylist zig zag model 457 . Just going over the manual now trying to figure out how to clean and lubricant! ! Wish me luck !!

If you have one and have any advice PLEASE share lol !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob shields View Post
    Just borrowed this baby from my mother in-law! I Never used a sewing machine before lol !!! 1969 Singer Stylist zig zag model 457 . Just going over the manual now trying to figure out how to clean and lubricant! ! Wish me luck !!

If you have one and have any advice PLEASE share lol !!!
    I had a 237 that looked a lot like yours, just almond color. Did everything I needed it to do and was very durable. I started just doing simple projects like stuff sacks with scrap material. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Insulation
    Costco Quilts
    A little late posting mine...this is actually one I used for Scouts and no longer need...but I love the vintage heavy metal design! It's a 1971 or 72 Kenmore. You can get special cams to do just about everything including monograms etc.

IMG_8193.jpg

I picked this up today! ! Can't find a manual online !! All steel parts !! Model R 300 K . Seems a lot like a old Kenmore! !

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I have one of those, it's a good solid machine. I don't use it much as I use my mum's old machine that she gave me for Christmas one year. I do love this machine though, it's so smooth. You have the manual for it, everything you need to know should be in there. Happy thread-injecting!
    Debi

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    my first machine was an old Kenmore that I picked up at the Sally Anne, there was no manual for it and I couldn't find it anywhere either. Someone on here sent me a manual for a Singer model 15, which is apparently what most machines are modeled after. Give that a try, it worked for me (I didn't even know how to thread the stupid thing back then)
    Debi

Quote Originally Posted by Debi Jaytee View Post
    my first machine was an old Kenmore that I picked up at the Sally Anne, there was no manual for it and I couldn't find it anywhere either. Someone on here sent me a manual for a Singer model 15, which is apparently what most machines are modeled after. Give that a try, it worked for me (I didn't even know how to thread the stupid thing back then)
    Haha Thanks !! I'll check out that singer manual you mentioned! ! I never touch a sewing machine till last night. I borrowed an old singer from my mother in law but the bottom plastic gear was broken! ! Found this one today !! Took me forever to thread it !!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

This is mine. It weighs a ton. I inherited it from my grandmother, who was a proffesional seamstress.

• + New Posts
  • Page 181 of 198 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast