Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl_hanger View Post
    Pfaff series 260-362 is too expensive in Germany (in the US the prices are perhaps better). A good Pfaff 260 or 360 will cost about 200-300€. For about 70-100€ I would get a Pfaff from the 204-213 series or a Kaiser 44 which is the same than a Pfaff 204 but looks a bit nicer.

I made imo a better deal. I got a true "Meister" - Machine almost for free. I don't know the model-# yet but I guess this machine was made during the years 1950-1969 in Germany. I will try to add a motor to this machine.

Wow that one looks mint! The cabinet looks to be in really good shape too.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl_hanger View Post
    ...I will try to add a motor to this machine....
    Should be easy enough. It appears to have the standard mounting lug that aftermarket/replacement motors fit.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I'm now the owner but must still transport this beast. It is most likely very heavy. I have seen only these three pictures yet. But I know that all Meister machines were really good ones. And yes the machines could be in a very good state according to these pictures. And if not there should be no loss for me. The problem will start for me when I try to add a motor to this machine. I have no experience how this is done. But I also think that this will work. I have already seen some motors on Ebay which would fit.

The Meister-Werke GmbH was sold to Husqvarna in 1979 and the company closed the doors 1984 in Germany. In the same year Riccar went bankrupt.

Here are descriptions of some other Meister machines (not all - mine is not included)
    http://www.naehmaschinenverzeichnis....hinen/meister/

And there you find pictures of almost all Pfaff machines (not all):
    http://www.naehzentrum-braunschweig....ronik_num.html

Pfaff 260 and 360 machines are also descriped here:
    http://www.naehmaschinenverzeichnis....schinen/pfaff/

Other famous German manufactures were Anker and Phoenix. Anker Phoenix Nähmaschine AG went already bankrupt in 1967. Pfaff was bankrupt in 2008. The only German manufacturer which is still active in Germany is the Dürkopp Adler AG, which still produces industrial sewing machines. But the ownership changed in 2013. Dürkopp Adler and Pfaff are now both owned by the Chinese SGSB Group Co. Ltd. and I think Pfaff machines are now made in China.

I would like to have a Pfaff 360 or 362 too but don't like to pay the price. Here is an offer on Ebay France with some nice pictures. 300€ for such a machine including accessories are quite realistic if the machine is in a good serviced state. The nicest thing with all these machines of the 260-362 series is that there is one technical handbook available (I posted already two links in this thread - most likely one can buy it on Ebay in English language too) and almost all spare parts are still available. The Pfaff 260-360 machines were sold quite often, not only in Germany, and Pfaff sold the 260 - 362 series for a very long time. There are still a lot of machines out there and all have most likely a very long life. Perhaps I can pick up a 360 or 362 also cheap sometimes. I tried it already but for me it was always too expensive.

Here is a nice video about a Pfaff 360. There are more on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpJfWuhucOs
    Last edited by xxl_hanger; 03-26-2015 at 22:59.

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Might be off topic, but what do you drive? That Meister machine and cabinet...it looks like you can store the machine in the cabinet, by lifting the machine a bit and opening one flap, then lower the machine into the cabinet...and then close the main flaps and doors...which means it should fit the boot/trunk of most midsize sedans to maybe the hatchbacks or longer station wagons..but it depends on what you are driving. I am able to transport my Singer 328K with its cabinet in my dad's Kia Spectra's backseat.... but not in my Suzuki Esteem due to the shaping of the doors and lack of trunk/boot space.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Somehow I will transport it with my Audi, if the cabinet can be made smaller. But I need an assistant to carry it. In my home I don't like this cabinet. I have no place for it. Only in my cellar there is enough place. I will try to find another much smaller solution for this machine. Perhaps I take only the machine and let the cabinet where it is. I will discuss this with the seller today.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Seems like a real shame to me to break up such a nice treadle setup when there are so many motorized machines out there.

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Seems like a real shame to me to break up such a nice treadle setup when there are so many motorized machines out there.
    Agreed. I am myself on the look out for such a treadle cabinet for my Singer 99K whose motor is kaput...
    Oh yeah; I have pics of it... I have a local source for the plates though, but I would like to turn it into a treadle machine with one of those nifty Singer hidden treadle cabinets... Unfortunately all I can find locally are complete with machines.

P6050379.jpg
    P6050378.jpg
    P6050381.jpg

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    So you think I should not break up the treadle setup because it has some kind of extra benefit. I will think about this. If I do it your way this means for me that I have to break up another nice setup in my home. Other solution would be to use this machine in my cellar only. It's a nice one with a small window. There I have much place and there is already a 2 meter x 1 meter table which I could use for tailoring and a nice carpet. But I have no heater there. It's cold there sometimes. But perhaps I can try to buy a cheap electric radiator and improve the lighting.

Let's assume I do it this way. Would you still add a motor then? I have already another motorized machine (currently already two) which I can use for gear making.

• + New Posts
  • Page 149 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast