Page 119 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1978
    Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4estTrekker View Post
    I was perusing the stores last week looking for a sewing table I could modify for my machine...found a table with a solid functioning 1962 Singer 328K inside...paid $14.98 for the whole shoot in' match. Sews like a champ!

I have this exact machine, it was my mum's, she gave it to me for Christmas. For 14.98, you stole it!
    Debi

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I just got a kenmore 15814100 while searching for a new cabinet for my singer. I got the machine and cabient for 10. The machine runs pretty good. Going to give it a clean and oil before running fabric thru it. Cabinet is a simple one. Looks like an end table, but its not falling apart like the one I use now. I would really like one of the more modern tables. The kind you see in industrial settings. Rounded edges, ruler built in, sneaky draws and notches for the essentials and space for other stuff underneath.

Just joined today and figured this was a good place to show off what Ive been buying over the last month. Whats funny is I was looking for a walking foot machine about 2 years ago, and couldn't find any locally under about $700. Then this year since early July I found and bought 3 walking foot machines with the most expensive being $145 (I have a really hard time passing up a good deal.)

The first machine I bought: Juki 563-3. I paid more that I should have ($145) as it had some issues but as i had never seen a industrial machine in person before I bought it anyway.

once I got it home I realized it had a bent upper feed rod and upper feed drive rod, and I happened to break the take up lever drive pin. Fortunately I like to fix things and have the tools to do so. I machined a new drive pin, pressed the drive rod straight, and finally pressed and faced the upper feed drive rod flat on my lathe.

Broken Drive pin and new replacement

New pin in place

This should have been flat

About a week after i got the Juki I bought (impulse eBay BIN @ $50) a Singer 111g156 head. It was listed as listed as locked up, but all it really needed was a good cleaning

what I bought

After spending some time cleaning it (and some rust removal)
    [URL=http://s.photobucket.com/user/jar944/media/rps20140721_075757_251_zps7vzrdozx.jpg.html][/URL

Then for no good reason about a week after that I check Craigslist again and see s Consew 226r for $100 (with table) sure for that price I'll take it. I got to drag it out of the woman's basement myself, that was fun.. Its was actually in the best condition of all of the machines Ive bought at the time of purchase

About 2 weeks later a deal I had been working on since I bought the Juki comes through and I get the Zig Zag and double needle machines I was missing.

Pfaff 138 (came with the original Pfaff table)

Singer 212w140

So in a month of looking I got 5 machines, 3 tables and spent $695. Obviously it was cost effective since I've made a stuff sack and tree straps so far.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Another obsession ran amok

Some nice machines there though
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    10.5" DIY 1.0 HyperD Lime Green
    Tarp
    DIY 11'4
    Insulation
    DIY 850 up/under
    Suspension
    Dutch bling Whoopi

My Pfaff 260 and table modification

I have two 1.5" steel square tubes attached to the underside of my workbench with two short pieces of unastrut. I use them to hold a bow press as well as a couple of other tools. When I am done I can flip them inwards and they are out of the way.

My work shop area is crazy small and I wanted my machine flush with my work surface but don't have room to have a table taking up floor space so naturally I wanted to use this setup.

Found a 15.00 table on craigslist and took the top off and my father in law made some nice oak mounts and it sits flush with my workbench.

Love the Pfaff it really is solid so far I have made a bunch of stuff sacks from the Ripstop by the Roll DIY starer kit and an 11" DL out of argon. Have some 1.6 hyper D on the way to make another and going to tackle a a tarp as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    When I did auto upholstery I ran a pfaff like this one.

And when I owned my own auto,boat,van,and rv upholstery shop,I leased a consew almost identical to this one.I think mine may have been made in the 80's.

Both are excellent machines with the proper motor/brake set up.Both of mine had large treadle like floor pedal.Push forward with one foot to speed up and push back with the other foot to stop quick.Worked beautiful after a couple test runs to get the foot pressures right.
    Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

My Juki straight stitch for light weight fabrics and denim

My Mitsubishi double needle walking foot for denim up to layers of cordura and pvc

My Juki serger
    2347596881_77fcdb78c4_z.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'd never get that machine threaded right.
    Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Another obsession ran amok
    HA. Fortunately this one has been relatively cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWalker View Post
    When I did auto upholstery I ran a pfaff like this one.

And when I owned my own auto,boat,van,and rv upholstery shop,I leased a consew almost identical to this one.I think mine may have been made in the 80's.

Both are excellent machines with the proper motor/brake set up.Both of mine had large treadle like floor pedal.Push forward with one foot to speed up and push back with the other foot to stop quick.Worked beautiful after a couple test runs to get the foot pressures right.
    These are set up the same way in standard industrial tables with clutch motors. Well all but the 212, Unfortunately I didn't realize the double needle machines are a different footprint. It doesn't (currently) fit into any of my tables.

The Pfaff and singer 212 actually came out of a hot air balloon shop (http://www.apexballoons.com/tips/) I can only guess how much nylon they have sewn over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWalker View Post
    I'd never get that machine threaded right.
    the serger? yeah... it's a headache. I use two separate tweezers to do it and it's still a pain

2348425418_18fc1fd3f5_b.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 119 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast