WBBBXLC single layer in Multicam
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    20* HG TQ/Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Depends on the day

Wooki first impressions

Got a regular and xl wooki 3-season delivered today just barely before we had to leave the house. I took a second to try them out and give some very basic first impressions. My 9-yr-old cameraman did a pretty good job for me considering this was his first time filming ever. These appear to be impeccably made (just as we'd expect from Warbonnet), and I can confirm that they seem to have zero fiddle factor. As I get more time with the quilts, I'll add additional videos and impressions. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/PooHb-v0xVk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    Thanks for posting this quick look, I'm looking forward to an update. Nine y/o Skylar was a pro!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Thanks for the first impressions video and thank you son for the videograhpy. So are you returning the left over quilt/hammock or selling it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    20* HG TQ/Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Depends on the day
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Thanks for the first impressions video and thank you son for the videograhpy. So are you returning the left over quilt/hammock or selling it.
    I was planning on just returning whatever I didn't want to keep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    I received mine today as well. It's truly a perfect fit and seems very well crafted. I was surprised how light it is. Now if this heat wave would just end, I could give it a good and proper test.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    For all those who go before more, thanks for shaking this product down. No doubt plenty of R&D and test hangs went into the design and now Gen 1 is in the field. Looking forward to the feedback.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Sub'Kilo
    Suspension
    Webbing
    My XL 3-season came yesterday, in just four days counting the weekend!

I had it out for a test-snooze last night and first impressions are, not surprisingly, very good.

it's well constructed, like everything WB makes. took literally 10-15 seconds to set up - just hook up both ends and give it a shake to get the hammock on top/inside. No fuss, no muss, and absolutely no fiddling about to get everything lines up like I'm used to with my Yeti.

It's very comfortable and well worth the extra few ounces (I haven't weighed it yet but according to their site it's 21.5 oz. against 12.5 for the Yeti)

I can't really speak to its warmth as it was only in the 50s, but so far, so good!

Just two suggestions: first, don't order the same color as your hammock, so you can tell the difference when you're getting in; second, I wish the stuff sack were a little larger to make it easier to cram down into the bottom of my pack.

More to come when I have more to report...
    Add life to your years!

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    20* HG TQ/Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Depends on the day
    I've compiled several pros and cons that I have observed in the past few days:

Pros
    • So easy to set up. Truly set it and forget it. Takes about five seconds to set up.
    • Zero fiddle factor. Once it's on, you're good to go. No need to have somebody else dial in the quilt for you or have to keep getting in and out to adjust it if by yourself
    • No gaps. Seal was very good all around the whole hammock. The extra fabric Brandon uses to make it more of a hammock-under-your-hammock really helps to seal off all of the gaps
    • Didn't affect calf ridge at all. I've had other quilts (both full length and partial) that dramatically increase calf ridge. Lay in the hammocks felt identical with or without the Wooki attached
    • Amazing quality
    • These are about the same total weight as anybody else's three-season/20° quilts even though there's some extra material. Down is where you need it and nowhere else
    ○ Stuff sacks are identical for both models (19g/.67oz)
    ○ Regular 3-season: 575g/20.25oz
    ○ XL 3-season: 587g/20.71oz
    • I like the brown color a lot
    • Cost is very competitive with other uq manufacturers
    • Turnaround time is pretty good right now too
    Cons
    • No adjustability
    ○ I found that my head sits just outside of the top area of insulation. On a typical quilt, I could address this issue using the secondary suspension
    ○ No venting. I was roasting in my garage and there was no way to cool off
    • When the hammock is loaded, I couldn't pull the quilt from beside the hammock to underneath it. I had to have my daughter get out so I could attach the quilt underneath, then get her to climb back in
    ○ Means you can't as easily start the night without the quilt and then just pull it into place when you're ready to have insulation. You'll probably have to get out of the hammock to attach it once you need it
    • I switch back and forth from right to left lay often, WB hammocks don't permit this easily and the Wooki flat out requires you be dedicated to a full-time right lay or left lay ($25 custom work charge to get a left-lay Wooki)
    • No loose storage bag
    • STATIC. When I detach the wooki from the hammock there's probably enough static to charge my cell phone, lol. There's seriously TONS of static as the quilt pulls away from the hammock body
    • Figure 4 lay can result in having the knee of your raised your leg off of the insulation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB MAMAJAMBA
    Insulation
    WB WOOKI XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubahhh View Post
    My XL 3-season came yesterday, in just four days counting the weekend!

I had it out for a test-snooze last night and first impressions are, not surprisingly, very good.

it's well constructed, like everything WB makes. took literally 10-15 seconds to set up - just hook up both ends and give it a shake to get the hammock on top/inside. No fuss, no muss, and absolutely no fiddling about to get everything lines up like I'm used to with my Yeti.

It's very comfortable and well worth the extra few ounces (I haven't weighed it yet but according to their site it's 21.5 oz. against 12.5 for the Yeti)

I can't really speak to its warmth as it was only in the 50s, but so far, so good!

Just two suggestions: first, don't order the same color as your hammock, so you can tell the difference when you're getting in; second, I wish the stuff sack were a little larger to make it easier to cram down into the bottom of my pack.

More to come when I have more to report...

This part I was back & forth on -"don't order the same color as your hammock". Although I am not too worried about the matching colors, I do think having an alternate color would add a little to it and compliments the hammock base color. Just might have to order a winter one in the brown color. I haven't had a chance to pack it all up but at first look I might agree with you on the stuff sack. Aside from that, love it.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB MAMAJAMBA
    Insulation
    WB WOOKI XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Thanks for the breakdown in pros/cons & quick first look benfishin!

The lack of venting and knees coming off the insulation could be a major concern with no ability to adjust for that or the knee off insulation could factor into the "cooling down". At first lay I certainly noticed the warmth right away but was comfortable without any top insulation adding to the heat. (This was also early afternoon with minimal breeze in the back patio) I'm hoping to get some testing in overnight the next few weekends. I have a 5 day trip coming up with temps into the low 30s that I'd like to be all set for and I have no doubt the Wooki will come through.

Looking forward to your next video review of it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast