Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Do you sleep on your side or on your back, poster Frank1960? If you're a side sleeper, some support under your neck, and a bit (but not too much) under your head, might help. I have a recent shoulder injury...and less recent neck injury... and if my head isn't well supported, my shoulder gets kind of squashed and is more likely to get sore. It's actually less of a problem in a hammock -- I use poster Bigmeats' "shelf" technique sometimes -- but a small item of clothing rolled up under my neck helps a lot.

Thanks Outandback I will contact you maybe I can find the time to come down. Will PM you next week.

Bigmeats I found that arm rest and have used it with better results I usually lay in one place but the arm doesn't stay put but your right it does help.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20º Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Glad it helped!
    There is no promise of a tomorrow, live life for today!
    Vialdo Design Studio My wife's graphic design and promotional products company, check her out!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank1960 View Post
    Thanks Outandback I will contact you maybe I can find the time to come down. Will PM you next week.

Bigmeats I found that arm rest and have used it with better results I usually lay in one place but the arm doesn't stay put but your right it does help.
    No pressure Frank just though if you wanted to try a bridge to see if that solved your shoulder problem it would save you buying one to try out. I am retired and home most days.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Maybe try a 12foot by 6foot Hexon 1.6 gathered end hammock. If that doesn't work maybe try a doctor or chiropractor. And if none of that works try coffee with a small amount of spirits added to elevate your spirits. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well bought the bridge hammock from Outandback and little shoulder pain compared to the gathered end hammock. The snugness of the sides is taking some getting used to but love the fact I can actually raise my head a little and see out of it something I couldn't do with the other hammock. Need to made the bar longer and move my stands back a little more don't think I am getting the straight lay that it should and I think it is because the stand legs are to close. Or maybe I will just make a pipe stand instead of the turtle dog stand I have now.

Thanks Outandback

Images
    Hi Frank you are welcome. I hope you can get it worked out. I got the flattest lay with the straps at ~20 degree with no one in the hammock.

Hammock
    Segmart double
    Tarp
    Still researching
    Insulation
    Still learning
    Suspension
    Carabiners/straps
    Thank you for this thread. I had frozen shoulder a few years ago and ever since then I still get shoulder pain if I sleep on my side incorrectly. Interestingly enough I learned to sleep on my side because my chiropractor was so upset with me for sleeping on my stomach. My physical therapist said sleeping on my side is what caused my frozen shoulder and in this case I agree. So far even in my hammock I cannot sleep on my back Even for just a nap longer than 30 minutes. Last night I woke up in bed tossing and turning and grumpy and frustrated so I moved into the hammock that I hang in my office. I finally fell asleep and slept pretty soundly but woke up with intense shoulder pain from sleeping on my side I use the small pillow but it wasn't firm enough or high enough to keep my head and shoulders aligned properly so now I'm going to try a horseshoe neck pillow that I can put down over my shoulder rather than around my neck to keep my shoulder kind of straight and supportive so it doesn't roll and keep my neck aligned. I'm hoping this solution helps resolve the issue. I truly want to be able to sleep in a hammock all night comfortably. I'm sure it won't become my regular space as I prefer to sleep in the same bed and room as my husband but I really do enjoy it as a second place to go if I'm having a fussy fidgety tossing and turning night or I'm too hot in our room. It is definitely where I go to relax after a long day you can always find me either in the hammock in my office or the hammock in our backyard. I don't understand why the rest of my family hasn't even tried the hammocks - they know how much I love them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rmrcleo View Post
    Thank you for this thread. I had frozen shoulder a few years ago and ever since then I still get shoulder pain if I sleep on my side incorrectly. Interestingly enough I learned to sleep on my side because my chiropractor was so upset with me for sleeping on my stomach. My physical therapist said sleeping on my side is what caused my frozen shoulder and in this case I agree. So far even in my hammock I cannot sleep on my back Even for just a nap longer than 30 minutes. Last night I woke up in bed tossing and turning and grumpy and frustrated so I moved into the hammock that I hang in my office. I finally fell asleep and slept pretty soundly but woke up with intense shoulder pain from sleeping on my side I use the small pillow but it wasn't firm enough or high enough to keep my head and shoulders aligned properly so now I'm going to try a horseshoe neck pillow that I can put down over my shoulder rather than around my neck to keep my shoulder kind of straight and supportive so it doesn't roll and keep my neck aligned. I'm hoping this solution helps resolve the issue. I truly want to be able to sleep in a hammock all night comfortably. I'm sure it won't become my regular space as I prefer to sleep in the same bed and room as my husband but I really do enjoy it as a second place to go if I'm having a fussy fidgety tossing and turning night or I'm too hot in our room. It is definitely where I go to relax after a long day you can always find me either in the hammock in my office or the hammock in our backyard. I don't understand why the rest of my family hasn't even tried the hammocks - they know how much I love them :-)
    Punctuation and paragraphs are our friends!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Interesting thread. My shoulders are a mess, plate, CRT-D, wires, big ugly screws all in one shoulder. Right arm has only had to put-back together's so it has nice tiny worthless screws holding it together.

I found how I hang my hammock is very important. I had the Bear Mountain UL, it pinched sometimes and not others. So I know it is how I hang the hammock.

I have a RR, after 5 years I have never had shoulder problems with it.

My neck is a mess, and I have vertigo & some sort of Vestibular Disorder.
    Three things that help when Hanging are: 1. I never ever let my shoulder with all the junk get cold, not even a bit chilled. I always keep my left shoulder warm. I have reusable heat packs, some of them are small they fit in my pocket some I carry in my handbag. 2. I use a rolled up hand towel or rolled up T Shirt under my neck.
    3. Upon awakening I very gently stretch my neck, then shoulders and move downward. King of get the muscles warmed up before exiting the hammock.

As mentioned above you might find a chiropractor or some other form of medicine to help you manage your shoulder. I dislocate easily so I do not want anyone "Popping any part of me". I have used chiropractor's who only used pressure points to help me recover from wrecks. I do not use massage therapy because I have been hurt twice. I am currently using acupuncture and I am very pleased with it.

I never hurt in my RR. I do sleep flat on my back, I sort of pass out, sleep solid 7 hours, NO PAIN. So very nice.
    When my Tempurpedic Bed dies I will switch to my RR full time.

For me shorter hammocks work better however, I am not particularly tall. Also I tend to have a heck of a time exiting GE hammocks, the bigger they are the more difficulties I have.

To sum up.
    Be aware of HOW you suspend your hammock.

Use minimal neck support (play around and find your personal comfort zone). My occipital area is the only head support I need, more than that causes problems.

Keep your sore shoulder warm unless you have just injured it. I suggest injuries require immediate ice.

Often careful exercise removes pain. As mentioned by other members if you hurt get up and move, often that fixes the problem.

Get some professional help with your shoulders when they ache, it pays off in the long run.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast