Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE

Hennessey expedition asym zip suspension ends question

Hi all. I went to switch my HH Expedition asym zip suspension to whoopie slings. When I uncovered the ends, I noticed they were not the two hole set up like I've seen on videos. Instead they were the flat sewn ends like on the Scout. This threw me off. Does anyone know if this was changed at some point? Just want to make sure I do, in fact, have the correct hammock before I go any further.
    Many thanks.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE
    1471793355060679705838.jpg

This may help better explain my question.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE
    1471793632656548011051.jpg

This is how the ridgeline is attached on both ends.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    0º Toaster Down UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I swopped out the suspension on my HH Expedition Deluxe to whoopie slings and saw the same thing. I simply attached the whoopie sling via a lark's head (actually went around twice through the loop). I then slipped the HH cover back over this and cinched up a new tie wrap. I did this in May 2016 and have since used this hammock for about 18 nights with no issue. I would also be interested in hearing if there is a better method.

I am thinking of purchasing a couple 12" or 15" continuous loops and attaching this first to the HH. I can then use whoopie slings with whoopie hooks which would enable me to keep a wet suspension away from my hammock when packing up (plus provides a permanent drip line). It would also give me the option of attaching my tree straps directly to the continuous loops (one, or both) for spots with tight hangs.

I also reattached the HH prussicks to the whoopie slings. I attach my tarp separately from the hammock but I use these hooks to hang other stuff from my hammock - all my stuff sacks on one end, my pack on the other end.

Cheers
    Last edited by Alpine Dad; 08-21-2016 at 11:45. Reason: forgot about the prussicks!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine Dad View Post
    I swopped out the suspension on my HH Expedition Deluxe to whoopie slings and saw the same thing. I simply attached the whoopie sling via a lark's head (actually went around twice through the loop). I then slipped the HH cover back over this and cinched up a new tie wrap. I did this in May 2016 and have since used this hammock for about 18 nights with no issue. I would also be interested in hearing if there is a better method.

" thinking of purchasing a couple 12" or 15" continuous loops and attaching this first to the HH. I can then use whoopie slings with whoopie hooks which would enable me to keep a wet suspension away from my hammock when packing up (plus provides a permanent drip line). It would also give me the option of attaching my tree straps directly to the continuous loops (one, or both) for spots with tight hangs.

I also reattached the HH prussicks to the whoopie slings. I attach my tarp separately from the hammock but I use these hooks to hang other stuff from my hammock - all my stuff sacks on one end, my pack on the other end.

Cheers
    Alpine Dad, thank you! Just wanted to confirm I had the right model. I was starting to think it wasn't and became worried.

Yes, I am keeping those prussiks as well.

By the way, I just received a box of Coffee Crisps. . . Good grief am I in trouble, they are delicious!!

Have a fantastic day!

Hammock
    WB BB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    0º Toaster Down UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Coffee Crisps are my go to chocolate bar when I am backcountry camping. Great with an afternoon coffee.

Cheers

Hammock
    WBRR,Dutch 11' -wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly, SLD WiH
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix, pads
    Suspension
    web various cinch
    Images
    I was able to get two wraps with my homemade amsteel continuous loops (8") on HH and have plenty of the loop sticking out for what ever suspension beyond that. I think I used Dutch Cinch Bugs last weekend. I have used the AHE or Warbonnet Cinch Buckles and larksheaded continuous loops as well to webbing suspension.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    0º Toaster Down UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Thanks for that information. I will now look for 8" continuous loops.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE
    Quote Originally Posted by danah. View Post
    I was able to get two wraps with my homemade amsteel continuous loops (8") on HH and have plenty of the loop sticking out for what ever suspension beyond that. I think I used Dutch Cinch Bugs last weekend. I have used the AHE or Warbonnet Cinch Buckles and larksheaded continuous loops as well to webbing suspension.
    Thanks danah!

Because I emailed a question to Jacks-R-Better regarding the suspension (since I bought the suspension kit from them), one of the owners from Jacks-R-Better called me this morning to confirm that (1) yes, this is the new way Hennessey is making their ends on this model; and (2) yes, their whoopie sling suspension conversion kit will work just fine. He explained to me that it is easier now because of the new ends. I asked him about doubling the continuous loop through the nylon tab (just danah and Alpine Dad did), and he thought that would be great.

Thank you both for helping me out! And I'd like thank you to JRB for actually calling me, what fantastic customer service!

All my best,
    One-Sky

• + New Posts