Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Enlightened Equipment top quilt

An Enlightened Equipment 20 degree top quilt was my first purchase in moving towards a hammock set up (you would think it would be a fricking hammock). I used the top quilt (Revelation I think is the model) to tent sleep for many months. Extremely happy with it. It snugged up well with the pad straps to my sleeping pad, was super light and compact compared to my sleeping bags. Then after purchasing an actual hammock I ordered an HG 20 degree UQ. I have to say that when it got here the overall construction of the HG quilt is at least visually superior. A combination of the tread color, amazing stitching work, HG tag on it? Not sure. But the quilt just seemed to pop. I do love my EE quilt though and visual points do not do much for me. I can't find much mention of EE quilts here. Anyone have thoughts? I need to order a warmer weather quilt set and just sitting here debating. Thanks!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    DryFly
    Insulation
    EE TQ / HG UG
    Suspension
    Dutched whoopies
    I use a similar setup and love my EE top quilt. No complaints here.

Hammock
    Dutchware halfwit
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie sling
    I have HG quilts with no complaints. I'm very happy with the quality.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    People like EE, and I admire the work HG does with their top quilts.

For summer underquilts, I'd suggest strongly that you check out Arrowhead Equipment; if you're looking for a partial length UQ and are considering synthetics, it's hard to beat the quality and value of the ever-popular Jarbidge River model in 1-season or 3-season versions. (I think we have 3 of them in my family...)

For summer top quilts -- or for top quilts appropriate to any season -- I'm a very big fan of Loco Libre Gear. They offer a plethora of down models as well as the synthetic Jalapeno Pepper model, all available at every temperature rating. I favor them for their thoughful design, quality of construction, value, and range of customized options. George is a quilt master, and I consider it a privilege to stay warm under LLG in any weather conditions. They also make down and synthetic underquilts!

The EE Revelation 20 was my first proper TQ and I can't say enough how happy I've been with it. Last year I bought the 40 degree version for the May to late September season here in Michigan. EE also just had a price drop on down, so you get alot of bang for your buck. I agree that there's not much discussion here on HF for this vendor, because they make quality gear.

Last edited by michigandave; 08-24-2016 at 09:31.

Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I agree that there's not much discussion here on HF for this vendor, because they make quality gear.
    Wow! Lol, I gotta say that I'm really happy with the product as well. EE has great customer service (for a cottage industry product) and I didn't feel that they were condescending at all when I first called and said that I did not have a hammock (I never contacted HG by phone so no reference). That said, the HG stuff is also quality. I suppose the true difference between the two is that HG shipped in about 1/4 the time. That may be due to it being off season when I ordered. Dunno.

Hammock
    Half-Wit
    Tarp
    Noah's 9"
    Insulation
    EE 20 tq, DIY uq
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I also have the EE Revelation 20 and I love it. I do not have any others to compare it too but it has always kept me toasty warm and has been durable. I love it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I have had a HG Burrow and now use an EE Enigma. I can't see any real difference in the quality of work or materials but I like the baffle design, the sizing, and the options on the EE.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    I have 4 EE quilts and love them. The down is the most expensive part of the quilts. I would like both companies to give more info on the quality of down used. As far as know, EE uses a DownTek treatment which is IDFL certified. HG's down is IDFL certified but doesn't mention the treatment. Anyone have more info on the down than this?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    My EE Rev 20 was my first TQ as well as I entered the hammock world, no complaints. It has kept me warm and toasty down into the 20 to last night in the backyard in the 70s. Interestingly enough I have three UQ HG Phoenix & Incubator 20 and a LL. All great quality!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast