WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Images

How to attach a underquilt to a 90 degree hammock?

I have recently bought a 90 degree hammock from hammocktent and I bought the superlight one with only one layer since I thought I would use it with underquilt and not a pad.

I have tried to figure out how to attach the underquilt but I am not really getting "the hang" of it.

Maybe some of you have already figured out how to attach a underquilt to that kind of hammock?

I am able to get it there and it works as long as I am in the hammoc but as soon as I get out of the hammock the underquilt falls down to the ground since I am only able to attache it at the corners. It would be great if it could be attached on a couple of places on the longside of the underquilt/hammock. But how? Or is there already a solution to my problem "out there"?

Hoping for some great answers!
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

My pictures:My Picasa-album

My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    As far as I know, there isn't an underquilt made for 90° hammocks - and I doubt that there ever will be. I don't see how you would be able to connect an underquilt without having gaps anywhere as soon as you move around in the hammock. Also, pretty much all 90° hammocks I have seen are designed to be used with a pad. It increases comfort.

Sorry for having to tell you the bad news - I hope you have another gathered end hammock to use your underquilt with...

Hammock
    90 Degree Gamma UL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing
    The hammock's pad pocket seems to be designed for 3" Exped LW mats. I'm waiting for my Gamma UL to arrive to see if there is anything to be done with my current UQ, but I suspect I'm just going to end up selling the UQ and buying an Exped insulated mat in either medium wide or long wide.

Most likely what will happen is that I will buy a newer, nicer Exped insulated mat and "upgrade" my wife to that that one, and grab the SynMat 7 that she is using now...

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    The solution I've been working with is in this thread:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ock-Tent/page3

I go through a whole bunch of experimental permutations. In summary, I typically use either a Arrowhead Ridgecreek (from my WBRR), a DIY Costco Down throw, or a thick red UQ DIY made from a modified down sleeping bag. These can also be combined with a full or 3/4 length pad depending on expected temperature. I think my favorite set up THUS FAR, as the experimentation continues, is one of the UQs inside the sleeve as per my modifications to hold it in place, plus a 3/4 Thermarest pro-lite. The advantages of this system are explained more fully in the aforementioned linked thread, but suffice it to say a 3/4 pad allows the pad to partially expand and contract for ease of entry, sitting, or use under a tarp without smacking the sides of the tarp when entering or exiting. If you are camping in situation that you don't plan on having to use the tarp as a day use shelter, i.e. it is raining, a Downmat pad works well, but not quite as comfy as a UQ.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Last night I experimented with another 90 Degree Hammock UQ permutation. I was extremely delighted in the results and thought I would link the results to this thread:
    https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...ock-Tent/page3

Page 3 shows earlier work and the latest thrashings are on page5. This will help reduce redundancy if I post here and there. Plus it will help me somewhat keep track of where my ongoing modifications and experimentations with the 90 degree get posted.

• + New Posts