Circle Beard, Roo, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Yukon
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Why can't we be honest here?

Listen...I understand why the forum prohibits abusive language but why can't we have honest dialog without our comments being deleted here? There are so many that come here looking for honest feedback and I feel they should have it from the wealth of experience that exists here. Let's face it...so many of the people here love to slam the likes of ENO and Kammock any chance they get only to promote any one of the awesome cottage vendors here. And I get it...I love their products and own them myself. But at the same time, ENO and Kammock make a quality hammock and if people here want to know about them, this should be a place to start. I certainly think both ENO and Kammock have their drawbacks and I'm happy to discuss them and in fact, don't think they are the best option for a long term hammock. But they serve a purpose and they are comfortable for me. I for one love the honest back and forth feedback and wish we could have it here without threat of having the comments deleted. Sometimes even a heated debate is good for the soul and if this isn't the place for it, please point me in the direction of a site that we can have those discussions openly.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I completely agree but who said they were going to delete any comments?

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Could not agree more. Most people start out on bicycles than move on to cars, even if they swear at bicycles Everytime they have to share the road. Not everybody can afford a couple hundred dollars for something that started out as a blanket with to pieces of rope. If it weren't for my ENO I'm sure I would not own Amok, Clark and Warbonnet hammocks today!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    There were a couple comments about the Kammock kickstarter campaign made last night that were deleted. I thought there was a good back and forth dialogue about this and somehow all of those comments disappeared today. I certainly didn't have my feelings hurt by this and welcome the open discussion. I'm not anywhere near as proficient in the world of hammocking as most are here but have learned and lot and will contribute when I can.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by wwcdtwins09 View Post
    There were a couple comments about the Kammock kickstarter campaign made last night that were deleted. ...
    Let's be honest, were your comments deleted because they were praising the Kammock product or because you were denigrating other forum members who don't agree with you?

Be Honest.
    Last edited by OCDave; 09-04-2016 at 13:51.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    Let's be honest, were your comments deleted because they were praising the Kammock product or possibly because you were denigrating other forum members who don't agree with you.

Be Honest.
    Oh wow. I had to look denigrate up just to understand this post. Now how is that for being honest.

It was time to replace a junk tent. I went to a store on a trail in Ga. I got a sales pitch for hanging. I left with an ENO doublenest. It works for now. The anti-ENO threads have made me doubt if I want to attend any hangs. I am new to hanging, but have been camping for over 60 years. I don't think everything negative is actually honesty but instead is like the self proclaimed gurus on some other forums dealing with other topics.
    I got good information. I got the minimum needed to start hanging and I actually touched something, instead of looking at pictures on the computer.
    I can see not allowing free advertising by any vendor, but if a thread was deleted for advocating a non-cottage industry product, I am probably in the wrong place.

Bob

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker Bob View Post
    It was time to replace a junk tent. I went to a store on a trail in Ga. I got a sales pitch for hanging. I left with an ENO doublenest. It works for now. The anti-ENO threads have made me doubt if I want to attend any hangs. I am new to hanging, but have been camping for over 60 years. I don't think everything negative is actually honesty but instead is like the self proclaimed gurus on some other forums dealing with other topics.
    I got good information. I got the minimum needed to start hanging and I actually touched something, instead of looking at pictures on the computer.
    I can see not allowing free advertising by any vendor, but if a thread was deleted for advocating a non-cottage industry product, I am probably in the wrong place.

Bob
    Don't let the views of a few affect your stay here on Hammock forums. This is a hammock forum and ENO's work as well as any other hammock. Now they may not be as comfortable to some but hey I'm sure my '96 Maxima with 269,000 isn't as comfortable as a new Lexus either but hey who cares as long as you like it. Keep in mine the saying HYOH and continue to hang your own hang and continue to share your experiences as we all enjoy swapping storing and ideas.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker Bob View Post
    It was time to replace a junk tent. I went to a store on a trail in Ga. I got a sales pitch for hanging. I left with an ENO doublenest. It works for now. The anti-ENO threads have made me doubt if I want to attend any hangs.
    That's not the vibe I've run into at any gathering and I've been to more than a couple.

A Grand Trunk (very similar to an ENO or any other parachute type hammock in the sub 10' range) started me down the rabbit hole and it's been a fun ride every since.

Bob
    I don't think anything will ever be deleted for advocating a non-cottage product but for sure you will have more than a few folks chime in thinking they have a better option for the original poster.

Use your ENO and enjoy it. If and when you think you might want something more, best place to go is a group hang to check it out. Loads of gear, info and folks happy to share both.

I missed the shenanigans in the Kammock thread but that's ok. I'll just watch the Kickstarter page and see what's up.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    Let's be honest, were your comments deleted because they were praising the Kammock product or because you were denigrating other forum members who don't agree with you.

Be Honest.
    I don't endorse Kammock even though I have some of their gear. But I do like the stuff I have from them and have never had a problem with anything they offer besides the prices. Some people have no experience with their gear and yet bash it because it's too commercial. I just don't tend to be one of those people. If they have something that gets people interested, I'm all for it. I love the honest debate though and don't think it's necessary to have those comments deleted...just my opinion.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast