WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    HG WP
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Webbing / Buckles

HG Winter Palace Camo vs Normal

Hello Everyone! I'm finalizing my order on a HG Winter Palace but would like to hear some feedback about the camo vs non camo versions. From what I can foresee, the non camo would be great for finding the tarp at night, has a weight and cost savings, could help get me up in the mornings which could both be a pro and a con, and also the stars could be seen at night which would be nice. However, I could see that the camo would be useful for potential stealth camping although it costs more and has an additional 1.5oz of weight associated, also the camo would probably increase shade to get away from the sun / full moon. Please let me know if you guys have any other pros / cons / weigh-ins on the topic, Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I'm not much of a camo person. I can't see the stars through my cuben fiber, and can barely see the moon. There's not a single argument for the camo that appeals to me. I doubt there's even much improvement in shade since the tarp is still translucent.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    I don't do camo gear either. I don't buy the argument that it helps with stealth camping. "Hey look, it's a big sheet of camo between 2 trees!" Also I don't understand the need for stealth...is it because people want to trespass?

Hammock
    WBBB SGL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have both. A 12'-0 x 12'-2 camo that I use when weight is not an issue and I want better coverage and a Standard size non-camo that I use when trying to keep my weight at a minimum.
    I enjoy each of them for all the reasons stated. The camo does provide more shade and privacy than the non-camo and the non-camo's translucency makes it easier to find at night.
    You can't see stars but you can make out a large moon. Not suggesting anyone should get both though. The non camo was my first but if I had to pick one I'd say camo.
    It provides more shade and privacy but still has enough translucency so that when you leave even a dim light on inside you can see it in the dark just fine.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

• + New Posts