Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishom13 View Post
    Thanks for al the suggestions. We ended up going to the campsites just past the flea market (left at flea market then immediate right follow this until there 2nd bridge turn right, primitive sites before you get to the 3rd bridge). I've actually been camping at these sites for the past 35 years but I haven't been in about 7-8 years. We decided to camp at the primitive sites and let me tell you, it was heart breaking! These are the sites that I grew up camping at, these are the sites my wife and I started camping at when we were teenagers, we loved this area!

The reason for the heart break, trash and just total disregard for nature. I don't know how else to describe it other than disgusting. Now, I've been to dirty sites before but this was horrible. We packed out 4 trash bags (that's all we had) and didn't even come close to making a dent. We walked about a mile in both directions of our site and saw trash eveywhere. We found old tents, broken chairs, tons of beer cans, dirty diapers, broken glass under every step we took, spray painted trees, the list could go on and on. It was truly awful!
    If anyone is planning to go to this area, please bring extra garbage bags and help clean up these once great sites. We plan on going back next month for more trash clean-up.
    My wife & I do river cleanups, most of the time in kayaks. We cleaned the Chattahoochee WMA last month (where you camped) driving through and stopping in several areas with the Chattahoochee Riverkeepers. Check their website & come up and clean the upper Hooch next year. Good way to scout locations to hang.
    Last edited by Draggingcanoe; 09-25-2016 at 22:13.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggingcanoe View Post
    My wife & I do river cleanups, most of the time in kayaks. We cleaned the Chattahoochee WMA last month (where you camped) driving through and stopping in several areas with the Chattahoochee Riverkeepers. Check their website & come up and clean the upper Hooch next year. Good way to scout locations to hang.
    I'll definitely check out their website. Thanks for the info.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123