DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I have just used the continuous loops on the hammock a few times. A couple of times, I carefully wrapped the whoopie round the tree taking care to make sure it was over top of the tree strap. The second way is a pain to adjust, but does work well. This problem is one of the reasons I have switched to cinch buckles. They pretty much will go as short as needed. I hang in a lot of very tight places, some with trees just wide enough to squeeze in the tarp.

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Same here... in the eastern woods, the trees are too close to make a whoopie suspension practical. I use Strap Anchors from Butt in A Sling -- very easy to adjust with the hammock hanging off them. They work with Kevlar straps as well. (I use 12', but going down to 10' or even 8' soon, because there are plenty of smaller but strong trees to choose from, and the 12' of strap is enough to dangle on the ground most times.)

Even if I camped somewhere with bigger, farther-apart trees, I couldn't see myself bothering with whoopie slings... seems like too much fiddle factor to me. Got a trip to northern California coming up and I plan to bring a couple dogbones to extend from the straps if necessary.

Deja vu... second time in two days I've put in my 2 cents by repping BIAS Strap Anchors! (Not complaining by any stretch. Pun not intended.)

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Quote Originally Posted by Us5Camp View Post
    I've got a Dutch Whoopie Hook Suspension w/ 5ft huggers I ran into a situation where all the available trees were plenty wide for the hammock and Noah 12 tarp, but the Whoopie Hook suspension was too long to get the right hang angle and only after fiddling around to get everything as short as possible did I even remotely get the fixed SRL free slack snugged up a bit. It was still loose. My Marlin Spike of the hugger to attache the loop of the whoopie at the tree was right against the tree to the point that I tied it and had to fight to get the strap into the dutch clip to get the spike essentially butted up against the tree and clip. The whoopie was just too long for the tree spacing.
    - Recommendations?
    - Dutch Cinch bugs vs Dutch Buckle ? vs ? -- The whoopie slings are great, quick to adjust, but just too long, these, whichever is quicker/easier to adjust might fit the bill?

What do you recommend to carry when there's plenty of tree spacing for the tarp and hammock, but the whoopie section is just too long? I'd like something that's quick to adjust, like a whoopie, but need something shorter and still quick adjusting.

The Dutch buckles are the only option you listed without a stated weight limit. Seems to me this would be the stronger, more durable choice.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Kavelar/dynema
    Tie your marlin spike on the side of the tree. Then use your whoppie through your fixed loop in you tree hugger then to the marlin spike. All the force placed on a tree hugger is on the back side of the tree.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12