Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
    I have purchased a blackbird, superfly (all time fav BTW_) and a blackbird XCL from Warbonnet, four quilts from Hammock Gear, and five hammocks from Dream Hammocks - if I wanted absolutely guarantied delivery I would have gone down to REI and bought a ENO from stock, but I didn't, I wanted the kind of creativity and innovation that comes from our cottage industries. cut them some slack - what your looking for is the creativity not the amazon prime delivery. plan accordingly and be happily surprised when their thoughtful masterpiece arrives on your door step.

Just sayen....
    Make sure you read some of the current posts prior to pulling the trigger on a response...

If you had, you'd have seen that your defenseive reply was unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream-Hammock Roaming Gnome custom
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG & Marmot
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    WalksIn2Trees - I did read all of the posts - from the start, and while I might not post a lot, I have been around for a while and felt that this topic was worth commenting on from a consumer perspective.

Part of what makes this great - you cant tell if it's a high school student missing their first scouting trip of a 50 year old project manger who's vacation critical path equation is getting messed up... or somewhere in between.

Observations are the same none the less.

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    a 50 year old project manger who's vacation critical path equation is getting messed up
    I hate it when my critical path equation gets messed up...especially on vacation.

Hammock
    Dream-Hammock Roaming Gnome custom
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG & Marmot
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    I hate it when my critical path equation gets messed up...especially on vacation.
    indeed!

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles

Part of what makes this great - you cant tell if it's a high school student missing their first scouting trip of a 50 year old project manger who's vacation critical path equation is getting messed up... or somewhere in between.

Observations are the same none the less.
    Why are we back to blaiming the Custom(s) again? Does Warbonnet pay everyone here to be a Fanboy? I am throughly amazed when I see people here blaming the customer with passive aggressive comments when they have a less than stellar experience. It happened..... Warbonnet had issues for a few weeks that have since been fixed..... don't blame it on the customer that upfronted a large sum of money for a product/service that they were unhappy with ..... let's just admit it, own it and move on!

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I normally jump over threads like this, but it keeps bleeping up on my radar. I figured since most of it popped up on a weekend it boiled down to a bad timing more than anything else.
    As a past customer I received my order in a timely manner, and very pleased with results.
    As a person that makes a living at serving others by providing my skills, time and insight into projects that effect the living situations of a client and their family and concluding it on an estimate of a time line based on past experiences is tricky to begin with. I have learned not to give just one time but two, the first being under the best circumstances; and the other a more conservative with a little grace or wiggle room if conditions change or materials are not available along with delivery conditions and hired labor. I want to provide and exceed the expectations and finish ahead of schedule and at a saving if possible. I think most people generally feel the same way. But even then sometimes things happen beyond your control and a change is as necessary and as it is disappointing. So when I see a single time, in regards to a project assigned by the project mgr. I know that is the goal and what he sold the client on, as a contractor I go over procedures and give a realistic time line with the original as the goal, but to create a buffer and rapport with the client so they can measure progress in a real world setting vs. what is on paper or in their head and not be disappointed.
    So to condense my point, an estimate is just that, it can change.
    As a costumer it is you duty to communicate any special conditions in advance for an expected result to avoid a possible conflict.
    As a business be transparent strive to provide excellence
    Communication is key to any relationship.
    Patience, if you had it you will never loose it.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    ...critical path equation is getting messed up...
    That is awesome. Begging your pardon, but I think I may start using this phrase when conversing with uptight co-workers.

Also, Warbonnet Outdoors has been great to deal with IMO.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112