Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Cool MAAHA group hang

Just got back from a great weekend at Pine Grove Furnace State Park in PA. Got there Friday afternoon, got set up and hung out with a lot of new friends. Its always cool seeing other peoples gear and how they do things to get new ideas and learn new ways of doing things. After a bland mountain house dinner and a walk around to say hi and meet everyone, Kale Kale and I hung out and player a crazy card hame tfoundhat involved exploding kittens with Richard, the owner of Sierra Madre Research and a few others. I climbed into my HH about 930 and watched a little bit of a movie on the iPad before I was out like a light. Unfortunately, I woke up several times BC I was cold. The temp only around 58° or so but in my rush to set up I didn't get my UQ tight enough. I was trying out my new JRB winter nest so I wanted to make sure I vented a little bit BC it wasnt gonna be that cold. I apparently vented too much and got cbs. I didn't wanna keep getting in and out of my hammock to adjust it and wake up everyone around me with the loud RIIIIIIIIIPPPPPP of the Velcro on the bottom entry of my HH expedition. So I was up for good around 5. I watched a movie and headed over to a nice group breakfast at 8. After that, despite some pretty heavy rain Kale Kale and I hiked a few miles on the AT. Dinner and raffle was at 5 and after hanging out for a bit I headed back to get my UQ dialed in BC the temps were gonna drop over night. Climbed into bed around 930 and slept warm and comfortable till about 5 when heavy winds woke me up. I did feel a little cool on top, as I was just wearing shorts and a T-shirt under my Snugpak TQ with the temp down to about 45 plus a strong wind. I grabbed my Snugpak Poncho liner and added that on top of the TQ and a pair of wool Sox. That did the trick and I was plenty warm enough to get a little more sleep. I got up around 7, made some coffee and a mountain house biscuits and gravy with sausage then started to pack everything up. We headed out around 930 or so and headed home. This was my first group hang and I had a great time. Everyone was super friendly and nice and I met several people that I had only charted with on here before. I'm definitely going to the January hang in New Jersey and the spring MAHHA hang. Thanks everyone, I had a heat time, can't wait until spring!IMG_20161009_091245_hdr.jpgIMG_20161009_090839_hdr.jpgIMG_20161009_090857_hdr.jpgIMG_20161009_075641_hdr.jpgIMG_20161007_175301_hdr.jpgIMG_20161007_175320_hdr.jpgIMG_20161009_091225_hdr.jpgIMG_20161009_090650_hdr.jpg
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit or Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LLG Longhot UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppies
    I'll post more later but I want to share my favorite moment of the entire weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Wahookie and I had a good time, as expected. We used the hang to stay relatively low key, and just have a relaxing weekend.

We also wanted to work on getting the double hammock setup dialed in. I think it was successful for us. Minus the expected teeter-tottering when the other got up or changed position, we both were quite pleased with the double setup.

Congrats to all the raffle winners! And we are excited to come back in 6 months for the spring hang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    There is a yellow trail behind the restrooms at camp. Ironic or planned yellow, hmmm. Anyway, anyone take that trail? Where does it go? Looks like a easy walk through some dense woods.

image.jpg
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I had a great time at my first MAHHA since the spring of 2013. Met some new friends, and some old friends. I really missed these group hangs. I just have to work on getting my wife into the hang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    There is a yellow trail behind the restrooms at camp. Ironic or planned yellow, hmmm. Anyway, anyone take that trail? Where does it go? Looks like a easy walk through some dense woods.

image.jpg
    hey buddy!! I was looking at that trail on the map. looks like it cuts through the woods and comes out at the parking area near the pavilion we had the dinner. opposite side from where we walked over.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    when it rains it's time for a tarp city!! plenty of room for some of the folks to get in some corn hole practice.
    20161008_130405_zpsvplg55mm.jpg 20161008_130424_zpssbisfuby.jpg

It was really awesome to see the Smurfs pay us a visit! Really great folks right there. We had some good conversation. Look forward to seeing you guys again some time! The new Raven hammock is a clever piece of work!
    20161008_115419_zps4iimob96.jpg 20161008_115347_zpswt4ncwz5.jpg 20161008_115403_zpszyudkw5a.jpg
    Last edited by JmBoh; 10-09-2016 at 17:10.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    mahha2.jpg mahha1.jpg mahha3.jpg mahha4.jpg mahha5.jpg mahha6.jpg mahha7.jpg mahha8.jpg mahha9.jpg

This my setup. We got in a bit late Friday night so wound up choosing a pretty tight spot, but it worked out well for us. A friendly neighbor helped us do a little stump clearing first.
    mahha-tarp-entrance2.jpg mahha-tightspot-1.jpg mahha-tightspot-2.jpg
    mahha-tarp-entrance.jpg

These makeshift uqp's were only used on Saturday to protect the quilts if the wind kicked in and started blowing the rain. The was no wind till Sunday morning. We didn't sleep with these.
    mahha-makeshift-uqp.jpg

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    hey buddy!! I was looking at that trail on the map. looks like it cuts through the woods and comes out at the parking area near the pavilion we had the dinner. opposite side from where we walked over.
    Thanks JmBoh!
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill View Post
    This settles it. My pack must be airplane-ready for some trips up north. I do miss the sparse forest of the New England.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast