My son is 6 now and I want to take him camping. I'very been hiding for years and want to instill in him a love of nature and camping and when he gets older: hiking. I need suggestions where to take him, here's my qualifications:
2. Campsite within 30-1hr walk of car
3. Non-intermittent water source nearby, preferably a flowing one within 30-1hr of site
4. Campsite with fire spot
5. Possible flat tent camping spot(not sure if gonna take hammock or tent)
6. Cool view within 30-1hr walk
7. No riff raff/hooliganism/places teens are known to party around
Possible places i'm considering; Red River gorge, mammoth cave back country.