Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Update: Fall color is great above 4000 ft. on the Highland Scenic Highway. I hiked 7 miles at Watoga this morning - checking the route for Saturday's outing for anyone interested.

WaHHA
    (Watoga Hammock Hangers' Assn.) This is the Planning and Who's Coming thread. Here's the drill: this format has worked well for small friendly gatherings since before the days of spread sheets, so we'll stick with it. Copy the last post in the thread and add your name to the list. If you're arriving early or by some strange means of travel (hiking, bicycle) you can note that if you want. We're in Riverside Campgroundmostly in the non-electric loop, sites 21, 23, 25 and 42-50. There are no reserved sites this time of year. All or most of these campsites will be available. There are trees for up to 6 hammocks per site. At check-in (if open) tell them you're in the hammock group. Fees come out of the raffle proceeds. PM me if you need a site with electric hookup; there may be competition for them, but maybe I can get one for you (20, 22, 24, 26 & 27 are all nice, but may be taken). All the sites I've mentioned are close to the upper bathhouse (but not too close, except perhaps 42). The bathhouse has nice dish-washing facilities, hot showers, and is heated. Group meals are Saturday supper and Sunday breakfast. If you know what foods you want to bring to share, note that here, too. I'll post details about hikes, weather, the raffle, etc. in theother WaHHA thread, with links to it here if needed. PM me or post questions in the other thread. This one's for the list. Thanks!

WV & wife (David and Barbara) - camping 10/20, will be around earlier - food: green salad, black bean soup, brats (12)

Roger (Rog97). Potato Salad. - 2

Tim & Donna (2QZQ) Chips or the like for Supper. Some kind of prepackaged pastry for Breakfast.

Silverpalm2x -
    family of four plus dog. My parents are also coming. We hope to arrive mid day on Friday.

ChiefH - 2 (Silverpalm2x's parents)

Country Roads ( Pat) arriving sometime Friday, one person. Bringing napkins, paper plates, utensils (hiking in) - 1

Happy Camper & husband (Tracy & Mark) coming late afternoon on Friday, Oct. 21. Leaving Sunday, Oct. 23. Will be bring water, plus cold drinks and cups, plus hot chocolate for Saturday night dinner. Pepperoni rolls to cook over campfire for Sunday morning. - 2

Ferret (Jimmy) arriving Thursday - 1

Oh-No (Paul) - biking in - 1

SweetBabyD - (Donna) biking in - 1

WVWanderer - (Ron) biking in, maybe - 1

Trees company - 1 or 2 - biking in

Biner (Dewayne Sr.) - 1

EdLee (Ed Lee) - Friday afternoon -1. Food tbd.

Davy Ray - 1

Hickery - 1

---------------
    (looks like 24 confirmed, with some possibles (Dutch, Zilla, Calebreath, WVCAMPER, Kilo3, Kanguru, & Razorguy)

If you're not on the list, come anyway! All welcome!

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    WV my family and I hope to arrive on Thursday before the rain comes. My parents would like a flat site with electricity and if we can hang in that site good but if not a site near them. Maybe a site near them would be better. Might not have to sleep whole weekend with earplugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Doesn't look like I will be able to make it. If I do it will be a last minute thing, but as of now it's a no go. Enjoy everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    There are two nice sites with electric, #20 and #22, very close to the non-electric loop where the rest of us will be hanging. They are occupied now, but are supposed to become available Wednesday and Thursday, respectively. I'll be there Thursday morning to get one for you. (There is a chance that the present occupants would decide to stay on or that someone in another electric site would want to move there, but I'd say you're 90% sure of having one. If you check in at the campground, just say that your sites are already rented. I'll put small orange "WaHHA" signs on the campsite posts along with the official white card showing the checkout date ("23"). Both sites do have trees, so you might need earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    WV my family and I hope to arrive on Thursday before the rain comes. My parents would like a flat site with electricity and if we can hang in that site good but if not a site near them. Maybe a site near them would be better. Might not have to sleep whole weekend with earplugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    My husband is dropping out due to back and neck issues. Updating the list here.

---------------------

Update: Fall color is great above 4000 ft. on the Highland Scenic Highway. I hiked 7 miles at Watoga this morning - checking the route for Saturday's outing for anyone interested.

WaHHA
    (Watoga Hammock Hangers' Assn.) This is the Planning and Who's Coming thread. Here's the drill: this format has worked well for small friendly gatherings since before the days of spread sheets, so we'll stick with it. Copy the last post in the thread and add your name to the list. If you're arriving early or by some strange means of travel (hiking, bicycle) you can note that if you want. We're in Riverside Campgroundmostly in the non-electric loop, sites 21, 23, 25 and 42-50. There are no reserved sites this time of year. All or most of these campsites will be available. There are trees for up to 6 hammocks per site. At check-in (if open) tell them you're in the hammock group. Fees come out of the raffle proceeds. PM me if you need a site with electric hookup; there may be competition for them, but maybe I can get one for you (20, 22, 24, 26 & 27 are all nice, but may be taken). All the sites I've mentioned are close to the upper bathhouse (but not too close, except perhaps 42). The bathhouse has nice dish-washing facilities, hot showers, and is heated. Group meals are Saturday supper and Sunday breakfast. If you know what foods you want to bring to share, note that here, too. I'll post details about hikes, weather, the raffle, etc. in theother WaHHA thread, with links to it here if needed. PM me or post questions in the other thread. This one's for the list. Thanks!

WV & wife (David and Barbara) - camping 10/20, will be around earlier - food: green salad, black bean soup, brats (12)

Roger (Rog97). Potato Salad. - 2

Tim & Donna (2QZQ) Chips or the like for Supper. Some kind of prepackaged pastry for Breakfast.

Silverpalm2x - family of four plus dog. My parents are also coming. We hope to arrive mid day on Friday.

ChiefH - 2 (Silverpalm2x's parents)

Country Roads ( Pat) arriving sometime Friday, one person. Bringing napkins, paper plates, utensils (hiking in) - 1

Happy Camper (Tracy) coming late afternoon on Friday, Oct. 21. Leaving Sunday, Oct. 23. Will be bring water, plus cold drinks and cups, plus hot chocolate for Saturday night dinner. Pepperoni rolls to cook over campfire for Sunday morning. - 2

Ferret (Jimmy) arriving Thursday - 1

Oh-No (Paul) - biking in - 1

SweetBabyD - (Donna) biking in - 1

WVWanderer - (Ron) biking in, maybe - 1

Trees company - 1 or 2 - biking in

Biner (Dewayne Sr.) - 1

EdLee (Ed Lee) - Friday afternoon -1. Food tbd.

Davy Ray - 1

Hickery - 1

---------------
    (looks like 23 confirmed, with some possibles (Dutch, Zilla, Calebreath, WVCAMPER, Kilo3, Kanguru, & Razorguy)

If you're not on the list, come anyway! All welcome!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Due to the 90% chance of rain on Fri. I will not be biking in from Cass. The new plan is arrive Friday afternoon, hopefully after the rain ends.

ferret update. ferret is in Asheville. ferret is tired and dirty. ferret will be there Friday instead.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

Exclamation Alert! WaHHA plans may need to change.

I have just received an email from the new park superintendent saying they may enforce the "one camping unit" per campsite rule.
    If so there, won't be enough campsites for our group. I will go talk to him tomorrow morning and send out updates by PM.
    David

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I'm out, sorry to say but just too much family stuff going on to allow us to get away, really going to be sorry i didn't make it, Hope the new super turns out to be as cool as the old one, bummer if not, someone allways wants to ruin a good thing, let's hope David can straighten this guy out!

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Just met and talked with WV. ALL IS WELL! He made arrangements and worked things out.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast