Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member tjayblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    169

    New ZPacks bag looks awfully similar to UGQ Renegade

    Maybe imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!!

    lightweight-backpacking-quilt-l.jpg

    RENEGADE LOGO 2.jpg

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Valpo, IN
    Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Posts
    1,487


    Didn't know there was a new Zpacks sleeping bag... or do you mean new to you?

    Might be debatable who's bag came first... believe they've both been around close to decade but I don't know for sure.

  3. #3
    Otter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    FL
    Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema/Poly
    Posts
    2,350
    Zpacks' version hasn't been around long at all (this is the first I've heard/seen of it). Their bags (until this version) are totally different.

    And neither companies bags have been around anywhere near that long.

    The Zpacks bag does look very similar! Good designs will be used by other folks, for sure.

  4. #4
    Member vladdtoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Hammock
    Blackbird+Bonefire
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    LocoL/EE/Katabatic
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Posts
    55
    Images
    2
    That does look like a new design. Previously, their bags used only horizontal baffles.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    546
    No disrespect to anyone and I might be wrong, but I think Tim at Enlighteend Equipment had this concept prior to the Renegade.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tjayblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    169
    The new ZPacks bag (vertical baffles) was released on their website today.
    And I agree with HillbillyHanger the the EE connection is there too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member tjayblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post


    Didn't know there was a new Zpacks sleeping bag... or do you mean new to you?

    Might be debatable who's bag came first... believe they've both been around close to decade but I don't know for sure.
    The ZPacks bag is old .... the new version/update was released today.

  8. #8
    Senior Member hangnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, TN
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Posts
    1,911
    Images
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by tjayblues View Post
    Maybe imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!!

    lightweight-backpacking-quilt-l.jpg

    RENEGADE LOGO 2.jpg
    That concept has been around awhile. I don't think UGQ would have an issue with this. Their other quilts and tarps are similar to designs in use previous to their start up. Their strength is customer service and quality control which they are excellent at.

  9. #9
    sr1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Posts
    2,539
    Images
    103
    It sure does looks nice doesn't it, personally I think our looks better but I'm a bit bias... LOL!!! On the EE comments if we want to go all the way back to the first commercial product offering vertical baffles the Marmot Plasma series was the first as far as I can recall. Our does differ from EE in that our torso and foot box chambers are physically isolated allowing varying fill rates in each area. Also we are the only one providing differential construction, it appears the ZP version has no differential based on images. I would think they would also promote the differential construction if it was a feature. I'm only aware of a few other differential constructed quilts and they are not offered by ZP.

    Seems quilt business must be off at Zpacks if they need to copy another vendor's flagship product almost to a tee... and that's IMHO...
    Last edited by sr1355; 10-15-2016 at 15:11.
    Happy Hangin'

    Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

    >>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Senior Member tjayblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    It sure does looks nice doesn't it, personally I think our looks better but I'm a bit bias... LOL!!! On the EE comments if we want to go all the way back to the first commercial product offering vertical baffles the Marmot Plasma series was the first as far as I can recall. Our does differ from EE in that our torso and foot box chambers are physically isolated allowing varying fill rates in each area. Also we are the only one providing differential construction, it appears the ZP version has no differential based on images. I would think they would also promote the differential construction if it was a feature. I'm only aware of a few other differential constructed quilts and they are not offered by ZP.

    Seems quilt business must be off at Zpacks if they need to copy another vendor's flagship product almost to a tee... and that's IMHO...
    Got a 20 renegade last week and have already ordered more ... I know which one is my favorite!

  • + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Renegade Or Flightjacket?
      By Snydman in forum UGQ Outdoor Equipment
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 10-30-2016, 12:41
    2. 20* Renegade
      By P-47ChowHound in forum UGQ Outdoor Equipment
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 02-08-2016, 08:53
    3. How'd I miss the Renegade??
      By BryanS in forum UGQ Outdoor Equipment
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 06-18-2015, 22:37
    4. Any Renegade update?
      By gtstricky in forum UGQ Outdoor Equipment
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 11-24-2014, 20:14
    5. Renegade Hanging
      By Ozark Mac in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 37
      Last Post: 06-14-2010, 16:22

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •