HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Redearmedia View Post
    Dutch cinch bugs here
    DSC03512.jpg by Rickard Andersson, on Flickr
    It's a great suspension. I like being able to hang both straps and then the hammock so the hammock never touches the ground.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0 and 90° Hammock Gam
    Tarp
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Insulation
    Exped downmath;)
    Suspension
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Images
    it's just the way I do ..... hammock go in and out of a drysack, will never touch the ground.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/65072883@N04/

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I have used several configurations after deciding that the OEM small rings would definitely be problematic for me since my hands are my Achilles heel in cold and wet weather. The small rings are girth hitched so it is easy to replace them with larger rap rings, aka descender. I have also used a single descender ring and a marlin spike, Metolius mini-carabiners into daisy chain style tree straps (Massdrop purchase); a pseudo marlin spike with strap and cinch assembly from Yukon Outfitters (an inexpensive Massdrop purchase), and currently, the Massdrop daisy chain tree straps clipped into the WBRR pentagrams on my indoor hanger (quick and easy for swapping between test hammocks). I think my favorite camping setup is the WBRR pentagrams on the OEM continuous loop used with a 10' webbing that loops around the tree and hooks via a Metolius mini-biner. Be forewarned that the WBRR can become tight if you reef the webbing too tightly and be difficult to undo. I usually finish the WBRR with a bight through the pentagrams instead of passing the webbing entirely through. That way I can pull it free or undone when disassembling.

Hammock
    WB RR and Ukhammocks x hammock
    Tarp
    HMG cuben fibre
    Insulation
    UKhammocks TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adj webbing + cust
    Answering:
    Anyone has tried to take the pad into the hammocktent 90° hammock? Does it work?
    Surely not as great as in the pad pocket, yet I wonder if compared to a gathered end it's more of a viable option

I use it with the pad on top of the Delta UL. Although I have both Gamma UL and the Delta UL I prefer the latter because its lighter and I dont have a problem to get to stay the pad in place. As I use a closed cell pad it has enough resistance to not slip away. I also to find it warmer because with the Gamma UL there seems always to be a air gap between me and the (inflatable) pad. You can solve this for example by using you're jacket. But its more hassle and doesnt always work. In colder periods I put an inflatable pad on top of the cc pad. It doesn't slip, is warm and very comfortable. So yes it does work (with the right pad) and I prefer it.

Also extremely light as my summer configuration (to -4 C) for pad and hammock is less then 1/2 kg. (pad about 150 gr and hammock about 300 gr). And in case I have to I can sleep on the ground.
    Last edited by happywizz; 12-30-2016 at 03:23.

Quote Originally Posted by happywizz View Post
    Answering:
    Anyone has tried to take the pad into the hammocktent 90° hammock? Does it work?
    Surely not as great as in the pad pocket, yet I wonder if compared to a gathered end it's more of a viable option

I use it with the pad on top of the Delta UL. Although I have both Gamma UL and the Delta UL I prefer the latter because its lighter and I dont have a problem to get to stay the pad in place. As I use a closed cell pad it has enough resistance to not slip away. I also to find it warmer because with the Gamma UL there seems always to be a air gap between me and the (inflatable) pad. You can solve this for example by using you're jacket. But its more hassle and doesnt always work. In colder periods I put an inflatable pad on top of the cc pad. It doesn't slip, is warm and very comfortable. So yes it does work (with the right pad) and I prefer it.

Also extremely light as my summer configuration (to -4 C) for pad and hammock is less then 1/2 kg. (pad about 150 gr and hammock about 300 gr). And in case I have to I can sleep on the ground.
    Awesome to hear, that's what I thought since I've made equally good experiences with a regular hammock and a closed cell mat.
    mine just arrived, will test it asap.

But since you have both to compare - how are they different with regard to use as a bug shelter on ground?

Thx

Hammock
    WB RR and Ukhammocks x hammock
    Tarp
    HMG cuben fibre
    Insulation
    UKhammocks TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adj webbing + cust
    No difference on the ground. Only difference is that you will miss the elastic tie outs on the corners. But thats no problem. I uploaded two foto's one with cc only and one with a extra alumium layer on top. The latter is nice as you glide easier in and out of the hammock and provides some extra insulation. With this configuration I can go to about -4 C (tested)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0 and 90° Hammock Gam
    Tarp
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Insulation
    Exped downmath;)
    Suspension
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Images
    Out today
    2016-12-30_04-17-51 by Rickard Andersson, on Flickr
    2016-12-30_04-17-36 by Rickard Andersson, on Flickr
    The massive exped synmat 9 lw fits like a glove.
    We have a new bed at home....this is more comfortable
    2016-12-30_04-17-19 by Rickard Andersson, on Flickr
    Last edited by Redearmedia; 12-30-2016 at 16:47.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/65072883@N04/

Hammock
    TX-150, Roo, HB SBBF
    Tarp
    Vertex, ShangriLa
    Insulation
    Z-liner, WL SS UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Has anyone swapped out the suspension on one of these? I haven't had the pleasure of taking it down on a freezing morning, but I can tell how painful it would be!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I did. Swapped in Dutch spiders. No problem switching suspension on one. Took me about 2 minutes. Ran a a continuous loop on either side and then straps with Dutchware spiders on them.
    Discretion is the better of valor

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    What type of tarp do you use with that critter?
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    HammockTent 90° 2.0
    Tarp
    SLD, Zpacks
    Insulation
    Exped, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Has anyone swapped out the suspension on one of these? I haven't had the pleasure of taking it down on a freezing morning, but I can tell how painful it would be!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    My Gamma UL came with the small continuous loop and the two descender rings. I did not like the minor difficulty of releasing the tension on the lines. I kept the small continuous loop, and am using the 2" kevlar tree straps from Dutchware with two 10' lengths of half-inch wide mule tape webbing looped on one end from AntiGravityGear. I attach the mule tape to the continuous loops with a Becket hitch.
    Last edited by sandworm40; 01-07-2017 at 00:26. Reason: Spelling
    Jim Clark

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast