Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

ENO Failure Follow Up

Ok, gang, I was just getting up from a short nap (I'm nearing the end of my vacation) and the doorbell rang. It was Mr. UPS delivery driver with a package for me, which had ENO's return address. Inside was a DoubleNest to replace the SingleNest that failed on the first night of my AT hike, along with a nice ENO T-Shirt to go with it. All at absolutely no cost to me. Well, it did cost me a pretty sore shoulder, which doesn't bother me at all now, by the way. Anyway, the point is, like Ed Speer, their customer service is absolutely top-notch. I like ENO's hammocks and, although I intend to go to DIY, it's not a reflection on them. I was very impressed with the way they handled my problem as well as the speed at which they did. Pete @ ENO runs a good crew, I've dealt with him and his staff every time I've ordered with them and had NO problems. My orders are always in a couple days after I place them and I've never had to return anything because the order was wrong. So kudos to Pete and his staff @ ENO, they're great!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I'm so glad that they took care of you. Did you get your extra goodies also?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I'm so glad that they took care of you. Did you get your extra goodies also?
    Yep, my "extra goodies" were upgrading to a DoubleNest from a SingleNest and a nice ENO T-Shirt. Works for me!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images
    I was impressed with their shipping speed and accuracy! Congrats!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Always good to hear that there are still good companies out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Yep, my "extra goodies" were upgrading to a DoubleNest from a SingleNest and a nice ENO T-Shirt. Works for me!
    I think you posted in another thread about how the Double Nest is more comfortable than your Single Nest. Can you elaborate more?

I'm considering making a super wide hammock, cause I haven't been as comfortable as most people claim. It must be these huge linebacker shoulders I've got.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by funbun View Post
    I think you posted in another thread about how the Double Nest is more comfortable than your Single Nest. Can you elaborate more?
    I think the comfort for me with ENO Hammocks lies in the width factor. The wider the hammock, the better I can get into an "asym" position when lying in it. That, of course, means that I can get flatter and sleep better. There is a difference in total width, as I discussed in another thread, of 25" between the ENO SingleNest and DoubleNest. I am MUCHO more comfortable in the DoubleNest! The SingleNest bunches my shoulders just a little. It's not so uncomfortable that I can't rest in it, but I sleep a LOT better in a DoubleNest. It's funny the difference that an extra 25" will make. But, then again, that is a fair amount of room!
    Last edited by Hooch; 06-14-2007 at 03:55.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i laid in one youngblood put up the last day at hot springs that was 5' wide (i believe that's what he said), & 11' long.
    man it was comfy!
    i'm thinking i may try a wider one some this summer.
    one of the draw backs that i see w/ the wider hammock w/ lots of sag vs a narrow hammock w/ less sag, is that there is a wider surface to insulate in cold weather.
    plus the view will be more obstructed... at least on one side.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    i laid in one youngblood put up the last day at hot springs that was 5' wide (i believe that's what he said), & 11' long.
    man it was comfy!
    i'm thinking i may try a wider one some this summer.
    one of the draw backs that i see w/ the wider hammock w/ lots of sag vs a narrow hammock w/ less sag, is that there is a wider surface to insulate in cold weather.
    plus the view will be more obstructed... at least on one side.
    Tim, you can always hang the wider hammock with as little sag as the narrow one. As far as surface area to consider insulation for in cold weather, bear in mind that you don't have to insulate the whole thing, just the area which you personally occupy (I'm telling you this like you don't already know ). I'm in favor of the wider hammock myself, it gives me a lot more room to stretch out in, get into an asym postion and get comfy in when I'm out cmaping somewhere. At home, there's more room to sleep as well and, of course, spend more quality time with Short Stuff.

• + New Posts