Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images

Ridgerunner Recall

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Hi guys, we just sent out emails today. We did have 2 instances very recently of a corner buckle wearing through the webbing so we're recalling all of them made from the most recent batch of buckles just to be safe. It would be Ridgerunners that were shipped between 7/22/15 and 9/31/16. If your shipping notice was between these dates you should have gotten an email today. If not email us at [email protected] We should be able to get those returns fixed and back in the mail with a turnaround time of about 1 week.
    I bought my wife's ridge runner from the forums. Is there a way to know if mine is affected. We have had it since 2013 at least.
    I guess since we are not within those dates we are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, WL XXL TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I come in at a dainty 6' 235#. Yeah, don't want to go thump in the night, so I'll be happy to let them take care of me. I have to say its an awesome hammock and this will have absolutely no affect on my wanting to sleep in it. I love my ridgerunner and brag about it to anybody that will listen.

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    How bout some more info for those of us that purchased second hand and will likely have to DIY a solution?
    I'm sure Brandon will honor second hand purchases.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Close-up photos of the good and bad metal piece(s) related to this recall -- or a foolproof way for people to tell recalled from non-recalled hammocks -- could help those who bought second hand and don't know if their hammock was made during the recall window. When some production dates of my car was recalled, we could read the manufacturing date from a plaque on the door jamb; looking forward, a date of manufacture somewhere on the hammock may help as well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    So you're aware, my company emails our weekly work schedules as a PDF file, and my co-workers who use yahoo mail had issues receiving their schedule. oddly enough, it's not all the time, nor every employee, but even my manager stopped using yahoo because of it... And started recommending to new employees that they start a gmail account just to use for work, since it's free

Obviously you don't have control over what email folks use, but if you get complaints from mostly yahoo users, at least you have something to tell them, and you can ask them if they have a different email account with a different service to try instead

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
    Ok, I'll keep that in mind, thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    Close-up photos of the good and bad metal piece(s) related to this recall -- or a foolproof way for people to tell recalled from non-recalled hammocks -- could help those who bought second hand and don't know if their hammock was made during the recall window. When some production dates of my car was recalled, we could read the manufacturing date from a plaque on the door jamb; looking forward, a date of manufacture somewhere on the hammock may help as well.
    You'd have to be able to tell the difference between a head buckle that is stamped and one that is hand sanded...on that one edge that is under the webbing... so the ship date would really be the easiest. If anybody got theirs used and can't contact the seller you could take some closeups of the head end buckles and email those to us and we can probably tell you

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    You'd have to be able to tell the difference between a head buckle that is stamped and one that is hand sanded...on that one edge that is under the webbing... so the ship date would really be the easiest. If anybody got theirs used and can't contact the seller you could take some closeups of the head end buckles and email those to us and we can probably tell you
    Best email to send it too?

"Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    I bought my wife's ridge runner from the forums. Is there a way to know if mine is affected. We have had it since 2013 at least.
    I guess since we are not within those dates we are good.

It only effects those shipped between 7/22/15 and 9/31/16

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    Is this recall affecting (delaying) the ship out time on new Ridgerunners?
    Ever eat a pine tree? Me neither...

Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images
    Warbonnet just moved up a notch on my wanted hammocks list. Well honestly aside from DIY hammocks the WBBB is at the top of my list. You guys standing by your product just put a sticky on it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast