Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    For whatever reason, each year I seem to have to make a trip out of camp in the evening. Pick up supplies, people, gear, whatever. I have a sister that lives about 20 mins away from Atsion, so I raid her house for some Thanksgiving baked goods. Other times my folks have donated some pies from Johnson's farm. (Not sure if those are the $25 pies SS mentioned but they do cost a pretty penny) Neither I, nor my family have ever sought any reimbursement for the pies. They were a gift to my fellow hangers and will continue to be should I provide them.

I will say they have seemed to be well received in the past and consumed with some vigor.
    Well, if iyou bring them then you bring them if not then you don't, either way i shall not protest!!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    For whatever reason, each year I seem to have to make a trip out of camp in the evening. Pick up supplies, people, gear, whatever. I have a sister that lives about 20 mins away from Atsion, so I raid her house for some Thanksgiving baked goods. Other times my folks have donated some pies from Johnson's farm. (Not sure if those are the $25 pies SS mentioned but they do cost a pretty penny) Neither I, nor my family have ever sought any reimbursement for the pies. They were a gift to my fellow hangers and will continue to be should I provide them.

I will say they have seemed to be well received in the past and consumed with some vigor.
    The $25 pies were not pies at all, but cakes. A certain dish washing, shower taking, crab cake making member at one point suggested that he knew where to get some awesome cakes for one of our hangs, though they were, and I paraphrase, "a little expensive but totally worth it". In essence he was suggesting spending over $50 on cake ... we suggested he focus his energies elsewhere, and that's why we ended up with crab cakes at Bodine.

Which, I might add, were also too expensive - especially for an appetizer, on a hang where we had 8-10 dutch ovens filled with ribs and or chicken. Heh.

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Ahhh. I always like a good glass of vigor with my pie! I must admit I have partaken vigorously! Love pie at camp.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    The $25 pies were not pies at all, but cakes. A certain dish washing, shower taking, crab cake making member at one point suggested that he knew where to get some awesome cakes for one of our hangs, though they were, and I paraphrase, "a little expensive but totally worth it". In essence he was suggesting spending over $50 on cake ... we suggested he focus his energies elsewhere, and that's why we ended up with crab cakes at Bodine.
    Ah now that does ring a bell.

Alles klar !
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    11' gathered, diy bridge
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg 20,llg 0
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post

Which, I might add, were also too expensive - especially for an appetizer, on a hang where we had 8-10 dutch ovens filled with ribs and or chicken. Heh.
    We really ate good on that trip.

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njredneck View Post
    We really ate good on that trip.
    That doesn't narrow it down. You guys eat good on every trip...
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Talked to Vagabound tonight - he's probably good for at least Friday night.

Still talking to my kids - if one comes, all three will come. Probably Friday night only. However, I wouldn't bet money on any of them showing up. The two oldest are flying in from Denver and Boston, and my wife will probably guilt them into spending time with their 84-year-old grandmother, who recently got out of 4 weeks in the hospital with severe emphysema. It's hard for their 56-year-old father to compete with that!
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 11-12-2016 at 23:42.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    dutch hexon
    Tarp
    Equinox 10x10
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm in for both nights. Sorry for the late notice, my mind has been elsewhere. I will probably be arriving in Batsto sometime on Friday afternoon. Looking forward to a good hang!

Hammock
    dutch hexon
    Tarp
    Equinox 10x10
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Sorry to be a pain in the butt Silentorpheus. This seems Pretty workable. I think i would be pretty set on Friday night with beans, rice, and tortillas. Maybe I could have a couple eggs on Saturday morning instead of sausage and bacon? I could just bring something extra for Sunday night if necessary.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabound View Post
    Sorry to be a pain in the butt Silentorpheus. This seems Pretty workable. I think i would be pretty set on Friday night with beans, rice, and tortillas. Maybe I could have a couple eggs on Saturday morning instead of sausage and bacon? I could just bring something extra for Sunday night if necessary.
    Not to worry - I'll make sure you're covered. You're vegetarian but not vegan I assume?

Do you do seafood (shellfish or regular fish)?
    Last edited by silentorpheus; 11-13-2016 at 15:23.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast