Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Krust has no problem using his gathered end uq setup on his ridgerunner. He just takes the same shock cord suspension used for the gathered end, wraps it around the spreader bar and then clip either side together. It's quick, simple, and works perfectly. No need to buy expensive quilts that'll only work on one specific hammock if you don't want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Krust has no problem using his gathered end uq setup on his ridgerunner. He just takes the same shock cord suspension used for the gathered end, wraps it around the spreader bar and then clip either side together. It's quick, simple, and works perfectly. No need to buy expensive quilts that'll only work on one specific hammock if you don't want to.
    This is correct.

I use a 3/4 JRB Greylock 20 degree with my RR.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I'm using a CDT made for GE's. I attach it with four mini-biners. They're simply clipped over the shock cords, stretched out and attached to the corner webbing much like the Lynx(?). The only drawback that I can see is that the saddlebags become virtually unusable due to the UQ sides coming up higher. Photos pretty much speak for themselves. Since I'm only using this indoors, the saddlebags aren't used anyway. Being only 5'4" has it's advantages, the 70" CDT covers me completely. There are no gaps underneath. This UQ has 3 darts in each end to taper it for GE use. Sorry, no photos yet with a body in it.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I am pleased with my Arrowhead Ridgecreek. It is a 3/4 synthetic, i.e. warmer than down if wet, quite a bit less expensive, custom made for the WBRR, and also works in the pad pocket of my Luke's 90 degree. Last night I slept in the WBRR in the garage at 25*F and supplemented the Arrowhead with a lightly inflated Downmat 7 UL LW. Therefore the 3/4 ridgecreek works well for 3 seasons and can be supplemented with a pad, or I can use just the slightly inflated pad. I was pleasantly warm enough, but the WBRR definitely isn't as luxurious as the 90*.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Has anyone used a jacks r better top quilt innthere
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I am sitting here rereading this thread. I intend to DYI a down Lynx Clone. I've been thinking about it for a long time.
    Yes a GE UQ will work, for some people. What I did not like was the sides of the gathered-end UQ came up way past the sides of my RR. As my taste in hammocks has matured, I do no like being cocooned. I like openess. The made for RR just fits the hammock perfect. My experience with making due with the GE quilt is it comes up too high for my likes and there is a fitting factor. I just want to put the UQ on and it works efficiently. GE is a lot wider all that fabric & down forms wrinkles that let in cold air.
    I am glad WW is making the Lynx with a choice of colours. I was unimpressed with the grease colour of my Winter Lynx.
    Someone posted here ("...uq for RR is easy to make") make do uq maybe easy for some. I am finding the planning of a Winter weight down RR UQ to be challenging, lots of cat. curves. The three existing made for bridge hammocks uq are worth the $ if you Hang where your survival might count on your gear.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Yes a GE UQ will work, for some people. What I did not like was the sides of the gathered-end UQ came up way past the sides of my RR. As my taste in hammocks has matured, I do no like being cocooned. I like openess. The made for RR just fits the hammock perfect. My experience with making due with the GE quilt is it comes up too high for my likes and there is a fitting factor. I just want to put the UQ on and it works efficiently. GE is a lot wider all that fabric & down forms wrinkles that let in cold air.
    BINGO. My exact experience as well. I wanted to save some cash by getting an UG that will serve both the GE and the RR because I use both depending on the situation.

I went with the UGQ Zeppelin and love the quality. With minor work it will snap to the corners of the RR. But since it is wider and not cat-cut like the RR is, there is a small amount of over-coverage on the sides and it hard to get the quilt to hug the bottom of the hammock.
    To help remedy the slack in the sides and middle bottom I keep a small loop of shock cord with me and i attach the two sides (using the attached quilt hooks) and the cord goes over me and pulls the two sides enough to draw it up side and do away with the air gaps.
    Yea, would be nice to have an UQ that will just snap on and i can forget about it. But this works and it is versatile for use with any of my hammocks. So when my wife backpacks with me she gets the thick, warm Zeppelin with her GE because she's cold natured.
    If the weather is super cold I will add my Pheonix to the bottom of the Zeppelin and draws up the quilts tight to the bottom and gets the temperature tolerance way down low.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123