Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I just picked up a 2nd hand Lynx and it hasn't been cold enough to use it yet. I had the same thoughts about trying to rig up my other UQs on the WBRR. Instead, I just used pads since it's a double layer. They're not as comfortable but I got double duty using them as a sit pad too.

My other quilts are 3/4 or maybe 2/3 length and much wider than the bridge body. Going from the existing corner loops on either would result in the middle sagging quite a bit unless I had it banjo-string tight I believe. It would work, just not well.

I made a snugpak jungle blanket based UQ for my kids. I added extra loops so I could fold it in half long ways as an UQ for the bridge in a pinch. Now that I got the Lynx I never got around to trying it out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    I just picked up a 2nd hand Lynx and it hasn't been cold enough to use it yet. I had the same thoughts about trying to rig up my other UQs on the WBRR. Instead, I just used pads since it's a double layer. They're not as comfortable but I got double duty using them as a sit pad too.

My other quilts are 3/4 or maybe 2/3 length and much wider than the bridge body. Going from the existing corner loops on either would result in the middle sagging quite a bit unless I had it banjo-string tight I believe. It would work, just not well.

I made a snugpak jungle blanket based UQ for my kids. I added extra loops so I could fold it in half long ways as an UQ for the bridge in a pinch. Now that I got the Lynx I never got around to trying it out.
    Looking at the RR I thought about sewing something on in the middle to hook up to the middle of my uncubator. I think the lynx should solve that without modifications. I do have a couple good pads to double up on as well over the winter, especially if I'm at home.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    To my knowledge there are only 3 UQ's made to specifically fit the RR. The Lynx at WB was released at the same time as the RR along with their other RR specific accessories to build a system. A few moths later with Brandon's permission we built the RidgeCreek UQ. Then a little later Underground came out with the Ambush. Some folks have worked on getting other quilts to fit with varying levels of success, but those 3 quilts are the only specifically fitted ones I know of.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Images
    The shape of the RR makes it possible for the average DIY'er to make and hang a simple, effective, fitting quilt with almost little or no fiddle factor.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    have the lynx and love it!!! I also have a new river long from Arrowhead for my gathered ends and did not know about the Ridge Creek but Paul is awesome and sells great gear to go along with his great customer service

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I had a Lynx Winter for my RidgeRunner, it was a perfect fit.
    I had a Ambush 20 F, it was so soft, light and wonderful. Fit my RR like a glove.
    Now great thanks to ArrowHead I have a wonderful synthetic quilt I dearly love. The quilt fits my RidgeRunner very nicely. All three of the quilts fit very well, each was a bit different. Again it is personal choice

Hammock
    Wbbb, BMBH, Clark nx270, wbrr,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB webbing, python
    I have the winter Lynx and love it. I also am very happy with my ridgecreek for warmer weather. I've seen the ambush and it is very fine also. I prefer having the quilts that are made for the RR.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    The Lynx uses small carabiners to attach. The HG Incubator is set up to be used with either a gathered end or bridge hammock. Consequently, the set up a tiny bit more complicated but really simple.

The Lynx comes with 800 fill down. At the time, I chose the Incubator because it came with 900 fill down. Now it comes with 850 fill down.

UGQ provides several options from 800 to 950 fill down for their bridge hammock UQ.

I wouldn't worry too much about fit. All 3 options will work just fine with a RR. You probably want to consider your down fill choices vs cost as the most important consideration.

My $.02
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Hammock
    1.7 dbl, WBRR LSOH Swift
    Tarp
    superfly Razor
    Insulation
    Lynx' toaster z
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by boatstall View Post
    Lynx. Have never experienced CBS. Not even a worry about adjusting. Four (4) simple mini carabiner attachments. Done. No fiddling factor.
    Works as advertised.
    What he said.
    If you have any sewing skills its dead easy to whip up a 2 layer poncho liner u.q. for warmer temps
    No signs,no fees,no rules,nobody. My kind of campsite.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    UGQ's Ambush.!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast