Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    I must add that I still am unsure about how tight to string up the Ridge runner, so all my opinions could be wrong if I strung to up properly. I would love to know a ratio of buckle to buckle, with hammock hung as compared to stretched out on the ground. I worry about tearing something by hanging it too tight, so I am probably hanging it too loosely. It does work great though!

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    A closed cell foam pad is hard to beat for simplicity, warmth, and price. I find them slightly uncomfortable because the edges bunch up...but the warmth in cold weather is great.
    I prefer an air mat of any style over just laying on the fabric. The double layer is maybe a little tight and doesn't sag in the right places.
    In my opinion, the single layer is a better option for using an UQ because the single layer of fabric will stretch a little.
    Since I bought a double layer...I much prefer a mat. And I use the Exped synmat 7 in cooler temps and the klymit static v in warm weather.
    I could not deal with one of those noisy mats...would drive me crazy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbite View Post
    I must add that I still am unsure about how tight to string up the Ridge runner, so all my opinions could be wrong if I strung to up properly. I would love to know a ratio of buckle to buckle, with hammock hung as compared to stretched out on the ground. I worry about tearing something by hanging it too tight, so I am probably hanging it too loosely. It does work great though!
    My RR just arrived on Fri, so take whatever I have to say with a grain of salt.

Currently set up in the house. 19' between mount points, 6' off floor, 12'7" (151") triangle to triangle. This feels pretty good to me and I haven't caused either wall to collapse - yet.

I used the hammock hang calculator to get approximate settings. I used 19' distance between trees, 151" as the ridgeline length, 18" sit height, 150lbs. All that @ 30* angle = 7' hang point. 20* = 5'. I went in between and used 6'. The one thing I wasn't sure of is what to use as the ridgeline length, so I used the 151" triangle to triangle. Would it be better to use bar to bar length (currently 77")?

EDIT: I'm using the 4" bar extender.
    EDIT 2: Swapped 77" for 151" and the hang height remained virtually unchanged, just the suspension length changed.
    Last edited by sqidmark; 11-08-2016 at 08:43.

Hammock
    WBBB, Night Owl,WBRR
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex, WD13
    Insulation
    AHNR, LocoGP, AHRC
    Suspension
    adj. web, whoopie
    I am thinking just foot pad mat type to start with since I will have the AHE Ridge Creek UQ. I have tried pads with my gathered ends and did not like them.
    “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbite View Post
    Hanging this hammock couldn't be easier. If in doubt watch Brandon's video here:
    https://youtu.be/crsmtPu9fL0

I simply hang the suspension at or a bit above eye height. Put my spreader bars in and adjust the suspension till the hammock is at or near waist high. The suspension (along the sides) on the bridge style hammocks is going to be real tight as this is where all the weight is distributed.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    You know TrailSlug, someone else told me the same thing at a recent hang. Overall, I suppose I just like the idea of a fixed ridgeline. I suppose I need a gauge of some sort. I have not been able to set it up quickly and it needs no further adjustment, like it would with a ridgeline.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Keith -- just because you did not like pads in a gathered end hammock, doesn't mean you won't like them in a bridge hammock. Pads will likely feel different to you in an RR than they do in a gathered end; they improve the view in RR because they raise you up. I prefer pads (and my RR) for the great view and comfort when I change sleeping positions (side, etc.).

Hammock
    WBBB, Night Owl,WBRR
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex, WD13
    Insulation
    AHNR, LocoGP, AHRC
    Suspension
    adj. web, whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    Keith -- just because you did not like pads in a gathered end hammock, doesn't mean you won't like them in a bridge hammock. Pads will likely feel different to you in an RR than they do in a gathered end; they improve the view in RR because they raise you up. I prefer pads (and my RR) for the great view and comfort when I change sleeping positions (side, etc.).
    Thanks I will try them I will not rule anything out without trying it first. And I really appreciate all the experience from all on here.
    “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 END MODS
    Insulation
    Lynx /FlightJacket
    Suspension
    nylon straps
    Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    The cloudburst tarp works very well. I also have a UQ winter dream with pullouts. Just pick a tarp with tie outs spaced where the RR spreader bars are and it will work!

My wife got the cloudburst, with her RR. I got the 13' Winterdream, from Paul at UGQ, for mine. Both work well. One is fitted for it. One is so much larger with the pole mod, that the bars don't seem to matter.
    The trick is the HEAD END bar... It's the wider of the two, so just be sure to position the head end smartly, exactly where that side pull out is located. In fact, that's what Patti is doing now, with my old Superfly tarp. Bar aligned with head end pullout.
    46 degrees in the backyard, tonight. I'm lovin it!
    Happy trails. Ted

"Mahwedge...
    A bwessed awangement...
    A dweam within a dweam..."

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123