Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk SB Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Suspension
    Slap Straps

Greetings from North Alabama!

Hi All! Just wanted to introduce myself, and see if anyone here is in the neighborhood.

I am just getting into hammock camping. I don't have one yet, but have done a lot of research. I do have a Mayan hammock, which is great except for the lack of a mosquito net. I attract the *******s like white on rice.

One of my main reasons for switching to hammock camping is my girlfriend's back doesn't agree with sleeping on the ground, and she loves my hammock. She likes camping, but not the back pain. If I can eliminate the back pain, we can go camping more often.

The other is that I love the idea of being able to camp on virtually any terrain, and not having to take a tent with me. Once I get some more experience with camping, I plan on going on some long hiking trips, and I don't want to lug around my heavy tent.

Does anyone know of a good 2 person camping hammock? I have seen a prospect with Grand Trunk, but are there any others?

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by natxcuah View Post
    Hi All! Just wanted to introduce myself, and see if anyone here is in the neighborhood.
    Welcome! I'm in Decatur.

I do have a Mayan hammock, which is great except for the lack of a mosquito net. I attract the *******s like white on rice.
    After a bout of Western Equine Encephalitis, mosquitos suffer an unrequited love for me as well.

Does anyone know of a good 2 person camping hammock? I have seen a prospect with Grand Trunk, but are there any others?
    I have two ENO Doubles which do hold two people, but only for so long. There is no guarantee that the Double will allow two people to comfortably sleep through the night. The ENO is nearly indistinguishable from the Grand Trunk. For reference, I'm 6' and usually 175, and my wife is 5'7" and [WEIGHT AND IDENTITY REDACTED FOR OPSEC].

Last edited by Trooper; 12-27-2009 at 00:58.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    NAT:
    Welcome to the forum. There are several threads on hanging with the signifigant other on this site, unfortunately I can't seem to find them right now. Hopefully one of the mods will help me out with the location and I am sure others will chime in on how they and theirs hang together. My signifigant other told me that she would rather have her own hammock because she liked togetherness but not when I had a days were of trail stank on me, I guess love will only go so far.......By the way I am located in Gadsden
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Hello and welcome to HF!

Hammock
    Grand Trunk SB Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Suspension
    Slap Straps
    Thanks for the responses. I completely understand redacting information for OPSEC.

I have seen the ENO Doublenests, but they lack netting. Well, at least I am not a fan of the cocoon nets that they sell.

Are there any good hanging places in N. Alabama? Here in Huntsville, I have seen at least some hammocks up on Monte Sano.

Hammock
    S
    Tarp
    S
    Insulation
    Not Enough
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Im in Cullman

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Welcome!

For two-person hammocking you can check out the expensive as heck, but pretty nifty, Clark Vertex...
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Welcome to the forum and the hanging gang.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    switchback
    Welcome to the club.....im in bham and there is s strong group in Al that hang in the sipsey/bankhead on a regular basis....stick around and you will meet some great folks...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grillmastertoo View Post
    Welcome to the club.....im in bham and there is s strong group in Al that hang in the sipsey/bankhead on a regular basis....stick around and you will meet some great folks...
    And a few of us from MS join that group also ( I am from Tupelo about 70 miles from Sipsey). Hope to see you there sometime, and welcome to the hanging life!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast