Warbonnet Blackbird, DIY hammock
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Stormcrow's quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

First night in my blackbird

First, I want to thank everyone on hammockforums.net for all the info you have shared. I done a DIY hammock(thanks Jeff) and like it so much, I had to have a Warbonnet Blackbird. I got mine for Christmas, and already had a DIY underquilt made from a walmart sleeping bag, so I had to try it out last night. I set up in the front yard and thought if I got too cold that the house was a few yards away. I used an LL bean synthetic sleeping bag and a ridgerest pad between the layers on the hammock with my DIY underquilt. My clothing consisted of military issue polypropylene underwear a military issue sleeping bag hood and wool socks. The low for the night was 20 degrees according to weatherbug. I stayed extremely warm(I am a warm sleeper) and the comfort and room in the blackbird is just amazing.(9:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.)I just couldnt bring myself to gettin up. I intend on converting this one to whoopie slings and a Goosedown top quilt, underquilt and custom tarp are in the near future, amongst other things..lol....... Thanks WARBONNET GUY....pssss....his name is Brandon.. for making such a wonderful product.
    I prefer to LEVITATE between two trees...The Groundlings can have their tents.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by banjaritis View Post
    First, I want to thank everyone on hammockforums.net for all the info you have shared. I done a DIY hammock(thanks Jeff) and like it so much, I had to have a Warbonnet Blackbird. I got mine for Christmas, and already had a DIY underquilt made from a walmart sleeping bag, so I had to try it out last night. I set up in the front yard and thought if I got too cold that the house was a few yards away. I used an LL bean synthetic sleeping bag and a ridgerest pad between the layers on the hammock with my DIY underquilt. My clothing consisted of military issue polypropylene underwear a military issue sleeping bag hood and wool socks. The low for the night was 20 degrees according to weatherbug. I stayed extremely warm(I am a warm sleeper) and the comfort and room in the blackbird is just amazing.(9:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.)I just couldnt bring myself to gettin up. I intend on converting this one to whoopie slings and a Goosedown top quilt, underquilt and custom tarp are in the near future, amongst other things..lol....... Thanks WARBONNET GUY....pssss....his name is Brandon.. for making such a wonderful product.
    Welcome to the warbonnet club, their great hammocks. Its taken me a bit of time but i've found the sweet spot for back and side sleeping. When my tarp arrives i'll do my first outside hang. And you brought up an interesting phenomena , like you i'm also sleeping later, sooo comfy.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Congratulations!

Yard testing is the way to go! Glad it worked out well for you.

• + New Posts