First, I want to thank everyone on hammockforums.net for all the info you have shared. I done a DIY hammock(thanks Jeff) and like it so much, I had to have a Warbonnet Blackbird. I got mine for Christmas, and already had a DIY underquilt made from a walmart sleeping bag, so I had to try it out last night. I set up in the front yard and thought if I got too cold that the house was a few yards away. I used an LL bean synthetic sleeping bag and a ridgerest pad between the layers on the hammock with my DIY underquilt. My clothing consisted of military issue polypropylene underwear a military issue sleeping bag hood and wool socks. The low for the night was 20 degrees according to weatherbug. I stayed extremely warm(I am a warm sleeper) and the comfort and room in the blackbird is just amazing.(9:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.)I just couldnt bring myself to gettin up. I intend on converting this one to whoopie slings and a Goosedown top quilt, underquilt and custom tarp are in the near future, amongst other things..lol....... Thanks WARBONNET GUY....pssss....his name is Brandon.. for making such a wonderful product.