yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
    So which side is calendered, the top of the bottom picture? And which one should be facing in toward the insulation?
    Bottom is calendered. Normally the calendered side is facing the down and the uncalendered side is facing out.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    lol I had to go check. I have an older 20* and a brand new 0*. Both are the same colors and fabrics. They both appear and feel the same on mine. *whew*
    Thanks for noticing and posting this!
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0 Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    HG Cuben / Wasps
    Insulation
    HG and UGQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar/Whoopie
    I am going to revive this old thread. I just picked up a Phoenix from the For Sale section, and noticed right away this same thing. I have 4 different black Argon 67 items, and all are of the more bumpy, soft, dull variety. The new Phoenix I got which I believe was fairly new, is much more shiny and plastic-y feeling. Reminds me a lot more of the Membrane 10 material.

I am wondering if this is the same thing that Kroma Experienced.

Argon 67 Compare1.jpgArgon 67 Compare2.jpgIMG_0500.jpgIMG_0501.jpg
    Last edited by CBX133; 12-01-2017 at 13:12.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    OK I just saw this thread and decided to go check my new quilts. Maybe its me, but I ordered both the UQ and TQ with A67 dark olive outside and they dont look the same! Idk how I didn't notice it before, but the TQ is very shiny and almost brown looking, while the UQ is def dark olive green and more matte. The Burrows outer also seems more transparent than the Bator. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I can take them outside and really look, but I'm almost 100% positive that either they are different colors or one is "inside out" so to say.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question

So yeah, here's a pic of my new -10° set side by side and unless my eyes are deceiving me, there's a definite difference between them. The Burrow is def more transparent, smoother and more brown than the Bator. In person the color difference is very noticeable. They are both supposed to be A67 dark olive green outside. The Burrow has A67 black taffeta inside , and the Bator regular A67 black. If one of them is indeed wrong, which one and will it make a difference?

Last edited by Chesapeake; 12-02-2017 at 09:56.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Has anyone asked Stormcrow ?
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Has anyone asked Stormcrow ?
    Good question. Unless someone else already has then maybe I'll shoot him or Harry an email. I just took mine out to my hammock for the night and I could def tell that the Burrow is much more shiny , transparent and has a darker colored grid pattern while the Bator is more matte, has "dimples" and a lighter colored grid pattern . Unless its gonna cause a problem or issue with how the quilts perform than I'm fine with how they are even if one is backwards or a diff color. I'm more curious now than anything really.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0 Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    HG Cuben / Wasps
    Insulation
    HG and UGQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar/Whoopie
    Chesapeake, sorry if I stirred up some anxiety with your sweet looking new quilts. Haha. I emailed Harry/Stromcrow inquiring as well. Mine is definitely different than all my other argon 67 stuff. One way I can sorta confirm it may be an inside out thing, is that I have an Argon 67 black wind jacket from Luke's Ultralite. The outside is matte and like my other quilts, and the inside is much more shiny and plasticky. I held it up to my new one and it looked more like my inside of the jacket(calendared?)

So I am wondering now if HG is doing it on purpose and it's ok performance wise, Or if they aren't looking at that when building the quilts(highly doubtful as their attention to detail is phenomenal).

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Kroma called HG and found this out back when he had this issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    Just as a followup the fabric sides were reversed and HG is taking care of it in their customary awesome style.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CBX133 View Post
    Chesapeake, sorry if I stirred up some anxiety with your sweet looking new quilts. Haha. I emailed Harry/Stromcrow inquiring as well. Mine is definitely different than all my other argon 67 stuff. One way I can sorta confirm it may be an inside out thing, is that I have an Argon 67 black wind jacket from Luke's Ultralite. The outside is matte and like my other quilts, and the inside is much more shiny and plasticky. I held it up to my new one and it looked more like my inside of the jacket(calendared?)

So I am wondering now if HG is doing it on purpose and it's ok performance wise, Or if they aren't looking at that when building the quilts(highly doubtful as their attention to detail is phenomenal).
    Lol its fine. Just as long as it won't harm performance, I'm fine with it if its an honest mistake. I can't see sending one back with all the work that went into making these down monsters just for a visual issue that isn't a problem. Especially if its the Burrow thats inside out. If it were the Bator and it would change its wind resistant or DWR properties when I need it to be 100% when its below 0°, windy and snowing, then maybe I could see getting it fixed ya know? Maybe HG will chime in here for future reference?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast