I've just come to the conclusion that we in the US can now buy a lot of great warm clothing and such directly from Canadian vendors at deep discounts due to the weak Canadian Dollar. Due to that currency mismatch, basically everything in Canada is effectively about 30% off to US consumers (i.e., we would pay about 30% less in US dollars than the advertised price in Canadian dollars). And shipping from Canada seems quite reasonable (in the several examples I've looked at, shipping directly from the Canadian vendor was actually less expensive than shipping of the exact same item from Amazon). Examples of Canadian vendors that might be good to peruse, in alphabetical order:

Arc'teryx. This company seems to have some good merino wool stuff, at the very least.

Boreal Mountain Anoraks. This company has some excellent wool and canvas anoraks to consider. Compare theirs to those offered by Empire, DuluthPack, Asbell, & MollyMacGear here in the US.

Mountain Equipment Co-op. This company appears to be a Canadian rough equivalent to REI.

Taiga. This company has some great deals on Polartec 300 fleece items as well as Merino wool clothing.

There are probably some other good Canadian vendors out there offering great deals to us "yanks". Who are they?

Note: I have no business ties of any sort with any of the vendors mentioned here. But I have great respect for all vendors mentioned here.