Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet GT
    Insulation
    Loco Libre -40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & kevlar
    Yeah Billy Goat... with the Draumir that doesn't work... I considered it but it has walls and by the time the walls get low enough... you end up with a broken neck from unbalancing yourself.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet GT
    Insulation
    Loco Libre -40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & kevlar
    Cincy JP... I used a contractor bag but it was a bit slick... my goal was to make something from some waterproof ripstop but I didn't have time... I have the ripstop and I bought a sewing machine.. but doesn't the may get rained on?

BTW that trip this weekend was from Red River Gorge.... we are in the same stopping grounds... I'm typing to you from 4th and main downtown at the moment.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet GT
    Insulation
    Loco Libre -40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & kevlar
    WyattsWingShooter I had a Pee bottle... I successfully used it twice... if you can call it success... half way through my 2nd attempt I tore out 2 of my stakes because the Draumir was wobbling so bad LOL... so I had to get out of the tent anyway.

I think the Draumir generally isn't very forgiving when kneeling due to the 90 degree rotation though. Some of my issues were because I was trying on my first night which is when I had under inflated my air mattress... I couldn't see what was going on under me but I think it accordion squeezed which would have put all my support webbing closer together than it should have been... making myself more unbalanced than the engineers who designed it had planned on. the 2nd night I inflated the mattress properly and I slept way better but I had already given up on the pee bottle... perhaps I should have given it another go. (is that an accidental pun? I think it is...)

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet GT
    Insulation
    Loco Libre -40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & kevlar
    Gadget I am using the Warbonnet GT because I go out in colder weather and wanted to have ends that could be sealed up a bit.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet GT
    Insulation
    Loco Libre -40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & kevlar
    Jmboh, Shug, Trailslug..

Crocs... I might try that.. that works unless there is deep snow and they are way easier to get on and off than my boots and super light weight. if I stomp the snow down it would still give me a decent landing to switch to boots unless it was fresh snow coming down at an angle.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet GT
    Insulation
    Loco Libre -40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & kevlar
    Caminante, so lower the hammock down a tad so I can reach the ground easier... that would also allow me to get the swaying under control after entry and maybe limit the amount of wind.. I might do this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klemvore View Post
    Caminante, so lower the hammock down a tad so I can reach the ground easier... that would also allow me to get the swaying under control after entry and maybe limit the amount of wind.. I might do this as well.
    One of the adages here is not to hang your hammock higher than you're willing to fall. It can happen, I know. I also like to be able to swing my legs over and hit the ground to take my weight, which puts less stress on the hem of the hammock during ingress and egress.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    WBBB dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly/Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Strap or Whoopies
    Cincy JP... I used a contractor bag but it was a bit slick... my goal was to make something from some waterproof ripstop but I didn't have time... I have the ripstop and I bought a sewing machine.. but doesn't the may get rained on?
    Hey Klemvore - the Tyvek can get wet and dirty. It was in the Gorge last time when I used it and it rained most of the day we arrived. Some puddling, but I was able to work around it. If you wanted to try it, I'd be happy to send you a piece. I have about a 50' roll, and just cut a 3' section to use.

BTW that trip this weekend was from Red River Gorge.... we are in the same stopping grounds... I'm typing to you from 4th and main downtown at the moment.
    Oh cool! I'm actually a few hours East of you right now. Work in WV but live in West Chester. Working on finding a job back in Cincy full time.

Hammock
    HH
    Suspension
    tree huggers
    Images

Cool

Jmboh, Shug, Trailslug..

Crocs... I might try that.. that works unless there is deep snow and they are way easier to get on and off than my boots and super light weight. if I stomp the snow down it would still give me a decent landing to switch to boots unless it was fresh snow coming down at an angle.
    Ya, Thanx boys! Great idea and I'll give it a try. Was worried about the bulk in my pack, being a bit of a light-pak kinda guy, but then I realized Crocs were also the perfect candidate to be easily clipped to the Outside, of any of my small caliber packs. LarryB
    Last edited by larrybourgeois; 12-13-2016 at 09:58.
    LarryBourgeois - Outdoorsy Guy

http://larrybourgeois.blogspot.ca/

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast